Help - Search - Member List - Calendar
Full Version: Interesting Article
-=Reborn JEDI=- Forums > -=Reborn JEDI=- > Discussion
Ruggiero
Linky Here

"Nearly all of the major, visible new features in Vista are already available in Apple’s operating system, called Mac OS X, which came out in 2001 and received its last major upgrade in 2005. And Apple is about to leap ahead again with a new version of OS X, called Leopard, due this spring."

and

"Where is the Wow?"

Let's see... hmm. I wonder... is there an alternative you might think of using?

smile.gif

when will you ever learn....
*HAMSTAR*
The only reason I have windows is strictly for gaming, aside from that I adore apple, We use them in my TV Production class and they are a breeze when editing videos. I also agree that Windows is behind OS wise and needs to stop dishing out Mac OS clones with a Windows logo on it. But as long as Gaming continues on the Windows computers, I will stick with it! ph34r.gif
Ruggiero
poke.gif

Heya, Hammy, ever hear of

This?

Or This?

cool.gif
Kyzene
I'm going to be sticking with XP for quite some time, the only game I even play on the PC (guess which one it is!! tongue.gif ) runs just fine, and that's really all I use this thing for anyways. I'll save my money and spend it on a few new 360/Wii games. happy.gif
*HAMSTAR*
Super Swing Golf (Wii) = Good. biggrin.gif
Tyrannus
Gears of War + Dead Rising = fun and hours gone by with little accomplished, but fun
Kyzene
I have Dead Rising, and I'm planning on getting Gears next. Any ideas where to go from there?
Tyrannus
Call of Duty 3 is super fun, if you happen to like World War II and shooting things. I don't know about it on the Wii (I've heard good things), but I've played it on 360, and it's wonderful fun. Single player is intense, and multiplayer is... more intense. And angering... I like it!
AP_Snake
Well, well, well,

Haven't talked to all yall in forever smile.gif Bet you thought ud never see my arse again eh? hehehe, whats poppin RJ? cool.gif

Snake
Kyzene
Oh shi.. wub.gif
AP_Snake
haha how yall been?
Kyzene
Very quiet tongue.gif
JayBaen
Quiet -- yet still DEADLY. Good seeing you Sir Snake smile.gif
Ruggiero
OOPS they did it again!

linky1

linky2

Microsoft's Vista had major Mac envy, company emails reveal

Microsoft executives were awed by Apple's just-added desktop search and acknowledged that what they did in Windows Vista would be directly compared with Mac OS X.

Internal Microsoft email messages from 2004 reveal that company evangelists and executives were awed by Apple's just-added desktop search and acknowledged that what they did in Windows Vista would be directly compared with Mac OS X.

The messages, which were filed as evidence in an Iowa state court trying a Microsoft antitrust case, were between several company evangelists and executives, including Jim Allchin, the head of Windows development efforts at the time. The Vista, then "Longhorn," evangelists had just returned from the June 2004 Apple Worldwide Developers Conference.

Lenn Pryor, former director of Microsoft's platform evangelism, said Spotlight, the new Mac OS X 10.4 search tool that Apple chief executive Steve Jobs highlighted at the conference, was "amazing. It is like I just got a free pass to Longhorn-land today."

Allchin agreed. "I don't believe we will have search this fast," he wrote in an emailed reply 30 June, 2004.

Another Microsoft evangelist, Vic Gundotra, who also attended the conference demonstration of Mac OS X (Tiger), noted other impressive components of Apple's operating system, including video conferencing, what Apple calls desktop "widgets" (whichVista ended up calling "gadgets"), and user interface rendering.

"The bits we deliver in 05 September PDC [Professional Developers Conference] must be compelling, even in beta form," Gundotra wrote in his message of 30 June. "UI must be hot. We will be directly compared against tiger." Gundotra recently left Microsoft, and will join Google after a year's sabbatical to abide by a non-compete clause.

Microsoft released the first beta of Vista to a limited number of testers two months before the 2005 PDC.

Other Microsoft documents and emails posted to a website by the Iowa case's plaintiffs have embarrassed the developer several times. In an email made public in late 2006, Allchin said: "I would buy a Mac today if I was not working at Microsoft."

and

Microsoft adapted Vista in Tiger's wake

Microsoft shifted its approach to Vista's development in the wake of Mac OS X Tiger's first public appearance, Information Week has revealed. Obtained as part of a public disclosure in an Iowa antitrust case against the Redmond developer, the messages indicated conversations between the company's technology evangelists and executives about Tiger in the wake of its June 2004 unveiling at Apple's WWDC conference. In at least one case, evangelists recommended changes to Vista's development based on what had been seen at the conference.

Ang Tiger is SOOOO 2006. We are about to be on to the next. cool.gif

Enjoy technological oblivion. laugh.gif

--Ruggiero
Kyzene
I will, with my 256 MB Video card, 19" Monitor, 1 GB of Ram, and 90 more GB of hard drive space. Enjoy the technological stone age. laugh.gif
*HAMSTAR*
I don't understand what the new OS' will do. I mean what? a new layout? new ways to navigate? Less bugs? running things faster? Big deal. I mean what makes tiger better than XP? I've used both and I don't see any major advantages of either. They both get me where I want to go and let me do what I want. So I don't understand why you are making such a fuss Rugg. Are you mad because your personal liking towards something has been greatly neglected? mellow.gif

oh well.... This Wookiee couldn't give two bowcasters on this matter.
TheLizardKing
I like to think I have the best of both worlds. A kick ass Windows based Desktop and a delectably delectable kick ass MacBook Pro. If anyone is also interested, I can't play JK2 for more than a 45 seconds without a GL_YOURF$#@ED on my ATI Radeon X1800XT, AMD Athlon 64 X2 4400+ Toledo 2.2GHz and Windows XP SP2 setup. Long story short, an Apple isn't for everybody but neither is Windows.

Oh and I rule.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.