Help - Search - Member List - Calendar
Full Version: Alright, Fess Up.
-=Reborn JEDI=- Forums > -=Reborn JEDI=- > Discussion
Ruggiero
LINKY

OR.... does this only apply to those pervese MMORPGs? Not us jedis?

biggrin.gif

--Ruggiero
InfiniteWarrior
ohmy.gif Rugg's coming out! A GIRL?! Who knew?

This is strange:

Despite all he knows, he said his first instinct when seeing a female avatar is to assume that its operator is a woman.

He must be the only one. I've always been assumed a guy first. IIRC, it took TS to convince anyone. In fact, "I don't think you're really a girl" was the initial analysis of a certain Rodian of my aquaintence. wink.gif

My experience has been just the opposite of "perks". If I'm wearing a male character's skin, the guys (that don't know me) are much more chummy and ho-hum. If I win - repeatedly - they actually get a little intimidated. But, if I switch over to Jan, they become much more aggressive...and harder to beat. It's like, "Oh, she's just a girl. Piece o' cake."

Either it only applies to those MMORPGs or I've been really, really lucky. No one ever let me win a duel for having a purty avatar. That's how I wound up on the two servers I normally played and what made Jedis challenging enough to keep me in this game.

Interesting study. What's your story, Ky? biggrin.gif
Ruggiero
QUOTE(InfiniteWarrior @ Jul 29 2006, 09:34 AM)
Interesting study. What's your story, Ky? biggrin.gif

He DOES have a fondness for hot-pants, afterall....
*HAMSTAR*
Yeah when I find myself playing counter-strike people can get pretty harsh on those mics. But if a girl is playing the game and using the mic. Guys instantly flock over her, tell her how good she is doing, take it easy on her, and even follow her around the map if they are on the same team to protect her. As for me. in the virtual world that is, I take no prisoners! female or male! That was an interesting read though, now I will be a little more edgy about who I let amhug me from now on unsure.gif
Kyzene
My story changes based on the server. I find that a female character model/skin draws a lot less attention on a team-based server than it does on a saber server. I love playing as Jan, I can't even count how many compliments I get about how well I play the game, and how I must be a pro rolleyes.gif

And for the most part, I let them go with it. Unless they actually ask, I let them live in whatever world they think they're in. And for the most part, I guess I'm known as a girl in most circles, but, they don't ask, I don't burst their bubbles.

Like I said, I have noticed that it doesn't seem to matter as much in team-based/ctf games for me. Seeing as how over half the people who play load their base folder with skin mods and the like, they probably can't even tell what skin I'm using.

At least I keep my name as unsuggestive as possible, <3 is a lot better than Touch! laugh.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.