Help - Search - Member List - Calendar
Full Version: Speaking Of (ja) Servers...
-=Reborn JEDI=- Forums > -=Reborn JEDI=- Archives > The Jedi Help Desk
InfiniteWarrior
Is the Academy server completely offline or is there a glitch in the (stats) matrix?
JayBaen
... currently, offline -- but can be brought back up "on request" (and at some point, permanently again -- was saving resources in the mean time).

Just let me know, I'll be happy to ressurect it.

JB
Ruggiero
Methinks we have a moviebattles expert in Hamstar... so maybe we could run that mod and he could teach us?

Rugg
JayBaen
Would be happy to.

When I get back from out of town, I'll get it up-and-running.

Hammy, do chime in with any current "community standards" for servers/gameplay you may be aware of, and we'll get ourselves configured similarly (at least to start with .. smile.gif )

JB
*HAMSTAR*
www.moviebattles.com should be able to explain everything and provide all available downloads. It will tell you basic techniques for playing and whatnot. But it really doesn't do the game justice til you actaully start playing. It's a cross between Counter-Strike and a battlefield game. you choose a class like you would in battlefield but it has CS based gameplay. you play 1 round with usually one life depending on your class. you configure your armor, weapons, ect. like you would with forcepowers and so on. you usually have missions like rescue or protect certain things. I'd be glad to "teach" you how to play if your able to get the mod up and some RJ's are willing to help fill the server up! smile.gif
Ruggiero
But what I think is necessary is that you teach us the new sabering....

Rugg
JayBaen
that, and *if* there's anything else 'common' among Moviebattle servers -- much like we've got the "no sabering when sabers not lit," "no chatkilling," etc ... stuff that will make us newbies to the game fit in a bit more.

JB
*HAMSTAR*
well people will killl you if your chatting or your saber isn't up if your a jedi, just becaus your on the other team and there the enemy. But if you make a server and lock it and put the password on the forums we can just learn basics. I can teach you a lot I am sure, but it's really different from JA it's like a whole new game.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.