Help - Search - Member List - Calendar
Full Version: Teamspeak
-=Reborn JEDI=- Forums > -=Reborn JEDI=- Archives > The Jedi Help Desk
JayBaen
Here's the link to the official TeamSpeak site with lots of goodies and help if you are stuck. Feel free to ask specifics here.

TeamSpeak

JB

The server address is:

66.23.202.150:8767
Deacon
I've installed the TeamSpeak clinet, but what server should I connect to. Do you guys have one or use one on a reg. basis?

-Deacon
JayBaen
Deacon ..

I've edited the orginal post with the address info.

JB
Tyrannus
I tried to connect, but your directions on the name we use is unclear. Help an old man out..
JayBaen
Tyr ...

For instance, your name on the TS server is tyrannus (a registered user, not anonymous), with your password being the same as your email. If it still isn't working, jump in to IRC at some point and we'll work it out.

JB
JayBaen
BTW ... the TeamSpeak server is down for a bit, for those of you who use it. I'm reconfiguring it on another box. It'll be a little bit.

JB
Deacon
Tis a shame really.

Just out of curiosity, how many people use it?

I seem to only ever hear Jay's charming voice. It would be nice to hear the sound of someone else laughing for a change sad.gif
Ruggiero
Dearest Deacon,

As soon as the wonderful programmers over at teamspeak get off their scrawny butts, and put to use the two PowerMacs that Apple sent them FREE OF CHARGE on which to develop the software, you will hear the stentorian tones of my Rodian battlecry ringing in your ears... and in your SOUL.

Rugg
Kyzene
poor poor deacon.....
Deacon
I've heard his battle cry... kinda sounds like little kittens asking for milk from their mommy...

Ooooohhhhooohhh... rodian kittens... real scary!

ohmy.gif
JayBaen
FYI ...

The TeamSpeak server IS UP again, though I can't seem to get it to recognize by the webpost.php at the moment. I'm pretty sure the problem is on my end (for various reasons, not the least of which are the several IPs that are on the new box I've moved it to), so I'll be troubleshooting that.

In the mean time, feel free to come and join on in. I'd love to see if we can start making some better in-game use of that. Some clans pay big-bucks for such a server ... ours is free riding my pipe. Enjoy if you get the chance. If you need help getting set up, either post here, or see me in game and I'll jump out and help you.

JB
Deacon
The TeamSpeak server IS UP again

Jay, are you sure? I keep getting this message...

[02:29:09] Connecting to 66.23.202.150:8767
[02:29:12] No reply from server
or maybe teamspeak is not running on it

Am I connecting to the right server?

Thanks,
Deacon
JayBaen
The TS server is back in business ...

It's been up and down recently (more up than down), but the script that grabs the info and posts it to the website hasn't been able to get the goods ... until today.

All is well in TS land. Hope to hear you there.

JB
Gravity
is TS still up? if so i'll have to stop in and actually say hi

-Grav
Equanimity
I would like to urge all you RJs who still haven't gotten Teamspeak to do so, as it will greatly facilitate our discussions of certain lengthy issues in future. smile.gif
Tyrannus
I'm in there often.. aren't you happy with that?
Equanimity
Well, you can't quite represent everyone's opinion just yet Tyr smile.gif
TheBeast
I can't get into the Teamspeak server (I don,t have a working microphone... but planning to get my hand on one real soon... so you'll be able to hear my sexy french 'accent'...smile.gif)

But I don't have the right Login / password or something.

Like you said to Tyr... I was using 'beast' as my login and the password I use for my email as my password... and it wouldn't let me get in.

What am I doing wrong ???

- Beast
Equanimity
I think you need to contact Jay to update your info. I remember mine didn't work until he had updated some stuff on the TS server.
JayBaen
I'll be happy to fix it for you Beast. Email me what you'd like your password to be for the server and I'll update it.

Also, the login even for the user name is cAse senSitIve as well as the password.

We'll just reset the whole thing when you're ready.

JB
TheBeast
Thx Jay... I,ll let you know when I get my new Microphone

- Beast
Equanimity
Hurry up, Beast! We all want to hear your "sexy French accent" !!! biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

Then, I will be glad to humiliate myself with my horrendous French tongue.gif
TheBeast
EQ... I,m trying to be as fast as I can... I think next week will be a good time smile.gif

I'll keep you posted smile.gif

- Beast
Equanimity
Who else isn't on TS? Kyzene, Huma, Angel. I know he has TS, but I've never seen Liz on, I have to say...
XeroSaber
are non rj's allowed on it? i tried recently, more like today and right now, but i cant get on...am i doin it wrong? or am i just not allowed? lol, help!
Equanimity
Non RJs are welcome also. You're definitely doing something wrong. wink.gif
XeroSaber
mellow.gif sad.gif
Equanimity
Well, at least post your error message... tongue.gif
XeroSaber
lol, duh! i will when i try it again. hehe. but for now...its down, hehe. plus ill lose my net soon...soooo...ill see.
TheBeast
Well... I finally got my microphone... and now... teamspeak is down smile.gif

Jay, contact me as soon as Teamspeak is back... I want to get in on this fun smile.gif

- Beast
Equanimity
Finalement, mon gars! Je vais être content de te rencontre par voix...avec ton sexy accent wink.gif
DaRkSiDe
laugh.gif
JayBaen
It'll be back up shortly Mr. Beast ...

I can't wait for your vocal input.

JB
TheBeast
I just saw that Teamspeak was UP.

So how can I get in then ??? smile.gif

- Beast
JayBaen
Yes yes .. TS IS back up! Finally .. sorry for the delay .. network rebuilds, ugh.

Firstly, when you installed the client it did come with an html manual. It has all the instructions (and more) for connecting. However, a tip for which you should be aware. The user name you use IS case sensitive. Yours is:

Beast

then, put in your password (I believe it's the same one you have for your email ... if that's not working either email or pm me with what you want it to be and I'll update it.

That's it. You'll be singing us melodies ala Francais in no time!

JB
TheBeast
WOohoo... it is finaly working smile.gif

Glad I could hear your voice Jay... As you said... it's not what I expected smile.gif

But just to let you know... When everyone on Teamspeak will have heard my english... I will pressure you to hear some french smile.gif

- Beast
Tyrannus
<---- Excited
Equanimity
Now, if only Angel, Kyzene and Huma would get their acts together wink.gif
JayBaen
I IMed with the Humster to day ...

He may be making a visit in the near future.

JB
Equanimity
Wow, I don't think I've seen Huma in several months....man, I'm so excited!! smile.gif smile.gif
TheBeast
Well I just got off teamspeak tonight and before I got to bed... I just had to write something smile.gif

it was a pleasure meeting all of you guys... But I still have a hard time knowing who is talking, beside EQ and Jay (I cand recognize there voice pretty well for some unkown reason)... so we'll have to do this a bit more often for me to be able to know each of your voice smile.gif

- Beast
Tyrannus
^ Scary thought.. ohmy.gif
*HAMSTAR*
I'm trying to get this to work but it keeps saying error. Bad Login (Name and/or username wrong)

I don't understand, will you guys send me a password or do I need to register?
Tyrannus
I believe Jay has to set up your account, and it is case sensitive (meaning you must type everything the way it's supposed to be). So.. Jay?
JayBaen
At the moment, not being a 'registered user' you can join with the general password of "friends" and give yourself a nickname of your choosing. Once you're inside, go to the visitors room and have one of the existing RJs voice you so that you can speak.

That's it. If you still have problems, let me know.

JB
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.