Help - Search - Member List - Calendar
Full Version: The Colloquium
-=Reborn JEDI=- Forums > -=Reborn JEDI=- Archives > The Jedi Gym > Colloquium Matters
Pages: 1, 2
Tyrannus
Ah.. Equanimity gave us a sample of something good, then just left you all wanting more. How rude! Well.. I have decided to try and help the guy out here. The rumors you may or may not have heard are true.. Tyrannus is going to start up the Colloquium once again. * ohmy.gif * EQ has some mighty big shoes.. and I will try my best to fill them. My intent will be to continue the tradition of the past Colloquiums, but it will most likely be a little different. I was not completely clear on the rules of the previous one.. I was unfortunately incapable of making the meetings. However, here is how this one will run:

- I will come prepared with topics to be discussed. And this will, for the most part, be open-forum discussion. However.. to avoid conflicting words and talking all at once.. I'd ask people to take turns, sharing ideas on the subject one-by-one. If someone simply wants to watch/listen to the others.. say "Pass," or "I pass" on your turn to speak. I'm hoping this way things will run smoothly and efficiently, everyone saying what they wanted to say.

- Live duels! Some of the lesser-experienced/skilled players will be able to watch the better players duel (to view how to use moves and such, perhaps the ones previously discussed). Also.. the fledgling players will be able to duel with the better ones, so that they can feel the pain first-hand! You can't just learn how to be a Saber Master through reading! You must use a combination of the two.. and, don't be discouraged by loss! Losing is the *best* way to learn. You must learn from your mistakes to be able to expand your skills.

Well, what do you think? This is the preliminary set-up of the new Colloquium. If you have anything to say about what I've posted (comments/questions).. then tough! I keed, I keed.. just post them here! I'll get around to answering them as soon as I can. I am planning to do this *test-run* event the following Wednesday, for it is the middle of the week, and a lot of people are open then. The time.. well, I'll try and be on most of the day to get ready and such, but the official starting time will be around 6:00 pm EST. This will start NEXT week! If anyone has opposition to Wednesday.. post now! I can change the date all the way up to Sunday (depending on if the new date will have to be Monday, or Tuesday, etc.) About locking the server.. I won't. I think I'm just going to play on an RJ map, so that whomever strolls on in will (most likely) be well-mannered. If not.. "teh boot." (If it is better to lock it.. Jay or someone.. could ya tell me how? It would be appreciated) That concludes the first post, people.. I'll be lurking around here.
InfiniteWarrior
Oh wise and wonderful Lord Tyrannical....

Wait, wait.... {*shakes head*}. All right! But can it be around 6:30 or 7:00? Commuters could use a little breather in between, methinks.
JayBaen
Good catch Infi.

And Tyr ... good call. I'm soo glad you'll be helping out. I'll get you whatever you need. If you decide to make the Colloquium a 'regular' Wednesday event, we could just set the server up on a Lock-out rotation between the hours of your choosing and it would be automated weekly (or bi-weekly, monthly, whatever). We could post the password here in the public forums, or the news section on the front page of the web, so that those who visit regularly or care would know, without the 'wanderers.'

Let me know what you think.

JB
Tyrannus
Infinite.. your wish is granted.

======

Jay.. sounds delicious. Yes, I'm going to *try* and make this a weekly event. If I for some reason won't be able to make a Wednesday.. I'll get a "guest speaker," of sorts, and they can head the day's events.
Deez*
hmmmm well Tyrannus DCmod has a gr8 little tool called /amrcon

btw will i be allowed to attend? 0_o
Tyrannus
Yes, you will be allowed to attend. The Colloquium is for all people, skilled and unskilled, to learn some new tricks of the trade.. or to share insight on them. Feel free to tag along.
Tyrannus
Ugh... too much work the past Wednesday (and Thursday, also) has caused Tyrannus to miss the Colloquium. I am very sorry about that.. for whomever went there and waited, as well. The Colloquium will be on the following Wednesday, at 7:00. This I promise you. Scout's Honor!
DaRkSiDe
If its possible, I would like to make a little bit of a speech/discussion. Would that be alright?

-DS
Tyrannus
Sure! I know many people who'd like the words of wisdom that spout from the somewhat respectable DS' mouth.
Equanimity
<<-- One such person.
Kyzene
just wondering....if it happened this last week?? or did i simply miss it...or will it happen this week???????

Ky
Tyrannus
Well.. I tried it recently -- last week I think -- and no one showed up. (With the exception of DarkSide.. wink.gif ) So, I assumed that I was going to let it sit for a while, then maybe call attention again. (In the summer.. less school/work) However! If you guys would still like to get this going.. we could run a Colloquium this Wednesday or Thursday... about 7 pm EST. Anyone interested?
DaRkSiDe
I'll see if I can come. Any day is fine with me.
Kyzene
i am either day works for me

Ky
InfiniteWarrior
I will sooooo try to make this one. Promise! Is it Wednesday or Thursday. I'll tell everyone else to take a hike. smile.gif
Tyrannus
We'll make it Thursday.. they tend to work better. Thursday, 7:00 EST is currently what it is. I hope to see you there! (Jay, should I get a locked server?)
Ruggiero
Can't make thursday. sad.gif

R
JayBaen
If you feel you need a locked server, we can dish one up for you.

If not, pick a map like Sublime, which fewer have to keep out the wandering riff-raff. If you feel like this could be a weekly thing, I'd love to try and "schedule" it so that it just rotates to a passworded server automatically. The password could be kept simple (like: training) and posted here in the public forums (or even the front page of the web) so that those who are truly interested could find it easilly and join the party.

Let me know 1) what you think and 2) what you want me to do.

JB
*HAMSTAR*
I'd be happy to attend.
Tyrannus
How do I call up the map of choice? Everytime I try.. I get disconnected. Which only makes me beat DarkSide more..
JayBaen
I think it's /amrcon map mapname ... let me know if that doesn't work.

JB
InfiniteWarrior
Seems a little birdie told me a while back that another one of these was on the horizon. Any news?
Tyrannus
One could be on its way. Even if the only people in attendance are you and I. I need to start playing this game again. Slipping into mere memory..
Kyzene
im thinking a colo...thingy might help me get out of my rust outfit wink.gif

Ky
Tyrannus
yay Kyzene! With three people now, I simply must do this. Is this Thursday fine for everyone? What time do you need, Infinite? 7 pm EST?
*HAMSTAR*
I can make it
Kyzene
Thursday is fine by me happy.gif

Ky
InfiniteWarrior
Me, three... Yeah. 7 is great. smile.gif
Tyrannus
then it's on. Colloquium Thursday night at 7 pm EST time. I'll see you guys then!
Kyzene
GAH! I have a birthday party to go to that i didnt know about until....five minutes ago...sorry, ill have to miss it ranting.gif

Ky
Ruggiero
QUOTE(Kyzene @ Jul 29 2004, 06:32 AM)
GAH!  I have a birthday party to go to that i didnt know about until....five minutes ago...sorry, ill have to miss it

All the more reason to attend!

biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif
Ruggiero
Ok, it is announced on the site. That means it is definitely ON for tonight at 7. Tyrannus, sharpen your cane!

Ruggiero
TheBeast
Great... I'll be there too

Oh... and it's a great idea to post it on the home page... if it wasn't I wouldn't have heard about it... and would not have been in attendance (ok, maybe it wouldn't have been a great loss, but I always wanted to be there since EQ made one a long time ago).

Oh, and last thing... will the server be 'passworded' ???

- Beast
Ruggiero
I don't think we will password it. It is open to all comers. IF jay does, we will put it on the shoutbox so 'regulars' can see it.

Rugg
InfiniteWarrior
Thank you, my dear Lord Tyrannical, for a most pleasant, informative and fruitful colloquium (Very generous of you, although I know you hate us). Must have picked up all that wisdom and insight back in the Jurassic era, eh?

Yes, folks, while the Tyrannus-aurus may indeed be getting a little senile, it appears he can still knock around a few good ideas with what remains of the marbles... once the medicine kicks in. :\

Very nicely done! More, more, more.... Looking forward to Part II.

Just a little extra woot! for the Rodian, who filled the the dual roles of punching bag and peacekeeper rather handily, I must say.
Tyrannus
Yes, the events of the Colloquium went swimmingly, despite the attempts on my life and the peace of the server. I hope I did provide some useful information for you guys, and I am most willing to have another. Soon. So.. which day do you guys want? I was thinking this week .. Wednesday or Thursday at the same time. (7 PM EST)
Kyzene
Ya! Another one ^^! That way I can actually be there.

Ky
InfiniteWarrior
Attempts? (He was assasinated! Shocking...) Thursdays @ 7 seems a pretty good time for many and it would offer consistency for any visitors that might want to attend Part II. So, if it doesn't conflict with anything for Grand Master, I'd say that's good.
Tyrannus
Sounds great! It's on the main site now, courtesy of Rugg, so that works fine. However.. I can only remember one of the two main topics were going to discuss! I remember the mindset Rugg so desperately wanted tought.. but not t'other. Anyone want to help out an old fool?
Ruggiero
The note on the colloquium was for last week, but I will post another for this week.

Hmm. Mindset was one.

Don't know the other... best diaper-rash ointment?

... no... that wasn't it.... hmm. we covered evasion... hmm.... perhaps you could
go on and on about the best technique in yellow? I dunno.

Other ideas?

Ruggiero
Tyrannus
I'll just do what I do best: make it up on the fly
Ruggiero
QUOTE(Tyrannus @ Aug 2 2004, 04:52 PM)
I'll just do what I do best: make it up on the fly

of course. But it would help to have some sort of 'agenda' so we don't just scratch our cute green behinds wondering what to talk about!

R
JayBaen
Thursdays always seem to turn out well.

Last week my parents were in town (helping us redo our bathroom). I should be able to be around this week. Besides, I'd like to find out why he's constantly beating me lately (leaky bag and all).

JB
DaRkSiDe
Not sure if I'd be able to make it. My girlfriend's dad is givin' me some work to do, And I'm gettin' paid biggrin.gif

-DS
Ruggiero
it's that birthday jay. face it. you're over the hill.

R
LPDarkJedi583
Ur gettin paid by ur gf's dad DS geeze i thought she would be paying u wink.gif
Ruggiero
Tyr,

It's official. You are on for this Thursday night. Better get extra-strong diapers.

Ruggiero
Kyzene
I should be there, no promises yet, but i should be there

Ky
Tyrannus
Tyrannus has stated in a report that he is ready to go for this Thursday, and should be there accordingly. Oh.. and he said that his diapers are quite strong already.
Kyzene
...I might not be there, i should be able to hop on for a little, but i probably wont be able to be on the entire time ranting.gif

Ky
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.