Help - Search - Member List - Calendar
Full Version: A Samurai Model
-=Reborn JEDI=- Forums > -=Reborn JEDI=- Archives > The Jedi Runway > Japanimation
TheBeast
Well... because I'm waiting for something from Deacon and EQ (RJSkinPack related) *wink wink*... and I have some time on my hands... and also because I love the movie 'The Last Samurai'... and I think I'm the only one on this planet even liking it, and I don't quite understand why... maybe the fact that I didn't have the chance to watch 'Dances with Wolves' with Kevin Kostner has something to do with it... but hey... I think it 'owns' and even if I don't care if I'm the only one who thinks like that...tongue.gif

So... I bring to you a little screenie from ModView of an alpha version (and I mean alpha) of this 'Last Samurai' model. Don't be afraid... or confused... he looks like some 80's guys wearing fluo... but these are the texture directly from /d Studio Max... didn't work on them yet... so give it time.

Oh... and I just wanted to share... not expecting any comments smile.gif

- Beast
*HAMSTAR*
hahahaah! I mean its good but it looks like kyle as a hippie cool.gif
InfiniteWarrior
Hmm. Kyle in dreads. New look for Subtle? smile.gif

I can tell - standing out - this one's gonna be a doozie, Beast. (That's a good thing. wink.gif) I can imagine the armor plating; familiar with the style. I am wondering.... do you plan to model the overlap on the armor's rectangular sections (sounds hard and looks like you have one or two there) or drop-shadow the skin files for the illusion of it? Just curious. :\

I have a few truly awesome images of blades (one with dragons running down the side in silver) and some great hilts, if you plan to model a sword for him. More than willing to share. smile.gif I can also point you to some good metal sounds for it, if you're game for that.
TheBeast
Thx Infi smile.gif

You're gonna have to explain this for my "little part english - big part french" brain to understand it smile.gif

this one's gonna be a doozie, Beast

As for the armor... I wanted to model the overlapping of retangular section, but... I would still have to add some shadows in the skins to get the 'right' feel... so I decided that for some part of the armor (hip guards) I would model it because it wasn,t to hard smile.gif and for some other part (the chest and back 'plate') I would use 'drop shadows' in the skin to get the 'illusions' of it...smile.gif

As for a blade for the man... I will surely model one for him... he must have one... but I ain't decided yet on the part if it will be usable or just part of the model... anyway... I would gladly accept your 'donation' regarding blade images smile.gif

- Beast
InfiniteWarrior
Main Entry: doo·zy
Variant(s): or doo·zie  /'dü-zE/; also doo·zer  /-z&r/
Function: noun
Inflected Form(s): plural doozies or doozers
Etymology: perhaps alteration of daisy
: an extraordinary one of its kind

wink.gif
OneWingAngel
This is gonna be sweet! Give me a shout if ya need any help beasto
XeroSaber
BEAST! OMFG I CANNOT BELIEVE I DID NOT SEE THIS BEFORE!! OMFG OMFG!! i will love this skin so much you had better make it!! biggrin.gif biggrin.gif the last samurai=best movie in the world. this movie owned the stupid overhyped LoTR movies. it owned all three of em combined. i dont care what anyone says, this movie kicks so much ass it aint even funny. and the skeptics should quit bitching abotu tom cruise not being a "ninja" and go watch it, cuz i was skeptical and doggin on the movie fo rso long, then i saw it and ate my words because it blew me away. w000t! so ur not the only one that likes the movie. and i cant wait for this skin.

Xerosaber
DaRkSiDe
Hmm... someone has an obesession biggrin.gif .
DarkSykes
i myself am quite anxious to see how its coming along..
LPDarkJedi583
just wut beast posted is gonna make me either laugh or think that this skin might be kool
InfiniteWarrior
Ya know.... I noticed a Samurai model on JK2files the other day. Looks pretty sick compared to this one, though. unsure.gif There were a lot of FF things in the works, too, I recall. So, not much time for ye ol' Samurai, I guess. Then, there's all that other busy, busy stuff.... But, I digress.

Only question, really.... Is this one still alive?
TheBeast
All my project are still 'alive' in a way... I've been trying lately to come back to my old stuff... but it seems I lost my 'edge'... I've a harder time making it look beautiful... I don't know if it's because my skills have been deteriorating... or just because my standard have upped a little smile.gif

But... I'll be coming back to this one certainly... in time... and it's a bit more advanced than what you can see in the old screenie I posted... I've skinned the thigh plates, shoulder plates, bracers.

So all is left is the breast plate & knee plates... beside what is under the samurai's armor... but this part will be very easy... I,ll make it all a kind of dark fabric... to bring the attention on the armor itself.

I'll keep you posted... as always smile.gif

But seeing some kind of interest in this model bring it a little nearer to the top in my list of priorities tongue.gif

- Beast
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.