Help - Search - Member List - Calendar
Full Version: Galaxies Game
-=Reborn JEDI=- Forums > -=Reborn JEDI=- > Musings
JayBaen
So ... has anyone bought it yet? How's the game play? Is it smooth? Are the servers overloaded?

it would be interesting to find out the first impressions of anyone who's joined the ranks.

Tyrannus?

JB
JayBaen
I've pulled up some info recently from HomeLan Fed concerning:

Some of the problems with Galaxies launch
JayBaen
This site is back up now that Galaxies has gone live.
Gravity
I've gotten it. I've only played it a little but it seems to run pretty well (but then again I have a decent machine to run it on too). If anyone else has it my name there is Gravity Shadowalker...can't remember which server i'm on though..Over all I'd say it was a good purchase, but I'll keep ya'll updated.

Grav
Tyrannus
Of course I have purchased the game. And, yes, I an in love with it. I got it Thursday, and I played it all night and all day today. I love it, and it runs great. Definitely worth a buy if you're interested in Star Wars and a form of RPG play. It's truly great .. for me, at least.

--Tyrannus
Gravity
Tyrannus, what server are you on? I was on Starsider almost all day on Sunday.

---Grav

** Edit
Spelling errors
JayBaen
I also purchased the game and am playing it with me lovely wife ...

I'll probably create a second character (for my own use) on another server at some point once we've really learned how to play it.

Is there any interest in creating a 'clan group' within Galaxies with which to maurade? If there is ... we'd need to pick a common server, of course ... and probably complimentary characters. Give some thought to this and post what you think.

Continuing to spread the RJ love ...

JB
Gravity
I know I am not an RJ but I would love to join up or at least participate in a RJ Clan/PA in Galaxies. Let me know, I'm on Starsider/Tatooine/Mos Eisely right now, but would join a different server or go to a differnt planet to see people I know.

--Grav
Tyrannus
My main character is on Starsider in Mos Espa, Tatooine.
JayBaen
Currently playing as Jowen Y'Dargrek on the Radiant server ... Planet = Talus; City = Nashal

I'd be willing to create a second character to play on another server, if there were other RJs interested.

Having a 'faction' of RJ that was dedicated to Galaxies would be a great addition to the clan. --- even if it were completely separate from JK2 ...

Thoughts ..

JB
Gravity
Jay I'd be willing to change to a different server to hang out with some of the RJ's in Galaxies.
JayBaen
Gravity ...

Great to have your interest. I'm going to start a new topic and see if we can 'rustle up' any others who may be interested in a Galaxies 'band of brothers' with which to wander around.

JB
Deacon
I was looking for more info on SWG. Do they actually have Jedi and sabers on there or is it just guns and stuff. I'd hope that Jedi are around. I figured it would be pointless to call it StarWars without them.

Thanks,
Deacon
Alexander
lol A clan in Star Wars Galaxies huh.gif . That's kind of a funny thought. Although I do agree you need big groups in order to hunt big game... but you get the most out of EXP. and $$$ by either going solo or with one other person. I've already made some great friends in the game. I have a total of 20,000 republican credits in just 3 hours. And i'm going back on in a sec. to save up more. I met a novice weapon smith that can make me some armor better than that bone armor and it looks fantasic. I've already made a couple of orders but I need to get him the materials before he can make me any. And the armor is not just a part of the body that I have ordered, but the whole set itself including Head, arm, body, hand, leg, boots armor.
Gravity
Alaxander, I think Jay might mean (and please correct me if I am wrong on this) but something more akin to a player assoc. thay a typical clan...or at least that is my take on it.

Grav
Deacon
I just spoke with some folks at my previous job. They have a group that's roaming the galaxy as the "Knights of Honor". Their site is here http://www.swgpa.org/. I suppose people can join or form their own groups.

FYI

Deacon
Butter-Bean
I am probably going to get this game soon (atleast when I get some cash ph34r.gif ) but hopefully can catch up to you guys by the time I get it and some steady pay for the monthly fee.
JayBaen
That is correct, Gravity ...

I'm really thinking more of 'Player Associations' than a clan ...

Since most of us know each other already from JK2, it seems a logical progression to want to hang together and help each other in another SW environment.

As for LightSabres and such ... that's a 'feature' of the game that needs to be unlocked individually. It'll be cool to see who arrives as a Jedi someday.

JB
Tyrannus
<-----------------
JayBaen
Is it true ..?!? .... are you reeeeeealllly?

JB
Deacon
Hmmm... I think I need clearification on that.
A) Master of wit?
cool.gif quite deadly with a saber?
C) charming?
D) Jedi already

please note that there are no other options! :-)

-D
Gravity
Jay,
any word on if others would like to form a 'PA' in SWG?
Tyrannus
I was pulling your legs .. I'm no Jedi. Yet! wink.gif
Butter-Bean
I am planning on getting swg in about an hour or two if its in stock at the store. Is there anything I should know or tips on starting off or maybe where I could find you guys on the game?
Gravity
Butter Bean,
I am on Tatooine in the Intrepid Galaxy in Mos Eisley. If ya get around that direction look up Gravity Shadowalker, I'll be happy to help ya out.

Gravity
Butter-Bean
I am not gonna install it just yet, afraid I might stay up all night playing so I will install it tomorrow and head to Mos Eisley thanks smile.gif
Gravity
Just let me know when you will be on and I'll meet you somewhere, I am at Jabba's now (a friend and decided to go check it out).
JayBaen
Good to see the conversation going back and forth with this. After owning the game over 2 weeks, my wife and I have played all of 2 times ...

Look for Jowen Y'Dargrek on server Radiant, Planet Talus, City Nashal. We'll be wondering at unknown times ... hoping to get to play more often.

JB
Tyrannus
He's a working old man, not a retired old man. I play all the time, on my main server. Galaxy Starsider, Planet Tatooine, City Mos Espa. Oh, yes .. and Name Zereuth Yavanna. You'll notice him right away with his hot duds and studly lekku. That's a hint.. catch ya on the flipside.
Kyzene
i dont have this game yet.....guess i should prolly get it huh??? i wonder if itll even work on my computer.... blink.gif

Ky
Butter-Bean
didnt work on my lil peice of DELL junk....BAH! dry.gif
SanosuKe
i was wondering if anyone can give me the specs cuz i am thinking of buying this game and i wanna know if it will work on my machine i have an AMD Athlon 1800+ 1.53GHZ and 256MB of ram...my vid card is a geforce 2 MX 440 but i plan to get me a geforce 4 ti4200 so yea if it will work on that let me know...i think it should...
Tyrannus
Those who play..

How's your character doing? Post your current path of professions and skills.. that should be fun to see. laugh.gif

Here's mine:
Novice Medic - First Aid II, Diagnostics II, Pharmacology III, Medical Crafting III(can't think of the name for it right now.. *sigh*)

Novice Marksman - Expert Rifle, Novice Pistol, Advanced Carbine, Advanced Weapons Support

Novice Entertainer - Musicianship III, Dancing I, Entertainer Healing III

There you go.. sorry for the lack of correct terms in some places, I must be slipping in my old age.. ohmy.gif

I'll be checking for anyone else's.. biggrin.gif
Alexander
biggrin.gif Marksman - Mastered All Skills, just not the profession itself.

wink.gif Scout - Mastered Environment and Harvesting.

cool.gif Rifleman - Advanced Sniping Accuracy and Intermediate Rifle Special Abilities.

laugh.gif Master Artisan

tongue.gif Weaponsmith - Expert Firearms Crafting and Expert Weapon Crafting Techniques.

Character name: Shalashaska
AP_Snake
Disregard the AP on my name, i registered here before i resigned from AP.

Master Marksman

Master Scout

Novice Carbineer - Just the Novice Skill

Novice Bounty Hunter - Underhand Shot and 1st pistol Skill

Hehe, I live on Tatooine, North of Mos Espa. I am a Rebel Staff Sergeant as well. I own 3 of my own personnel support and a Probot.

Oh, and i have 487k muahahha cool.gif A medium house, with tons of furniture and my bro decorated it for me biggrin.gif House is private.

Character Name: Stroika
Ruggiero
Both of you resigned from AP. Wowch.
Butter-Bean
Hey guys, do any of you play galaxies anymore I might by it again if I can get enough memory preferably 512 mb of ram.
Jedisaber
I've never played that game, but I wish I could, I'm too poor to go buy it...its hard being the saber of the jedi!!!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2019 Invision Power Services, Inc.