Help - Search - Member List - Calendar
Full Version: Rj Skin Pack
-=Reborn JEDI=- Forums > -=Reborn JEDI=- Archives > The Jedi Runway > RJ Skin Pack
Pages: 1, 2, 3
JayBaen
One Wing/Beast/Rugg ...

Is there an 'official' RJSkinPak ... one where all the RJ skins are 'rolled-up' into a single *.pk3? Is there one for everyone yet (sans the stormtrooper)?

It might be nice to be able to put the entire pak up for download/rating at JK2 files or pcgamemods, etc. Even if they were in one pak file for download off our site (additionally), that would be great, too.

JB
Ruggiero
JayBaen: YES

Tyrannus: NO (though Angel was working on it, I think)

TheNewtKing: NO (and doesn't want one)

Huma: NO (but likes his underoos)

Ruggiero: YES (though for some reason it doesn't work in jk3: my chest is missing)

Kyzene: NO (though likes his hotpants)

OneWingAngel: YES (rj-trebor?)

TheBeast: YES

Equanimity: YES

Also, there is the Infinite Skin with the hidden RJ-Tartan, though she thinks its too 'girly.'

It would be easy to roll them into one, but perhaps Tyr's should get finalized, and Huma needs pink frilly things on those underoos.

--Ruggierissimo
InfiniteWarrior
Who said anything about her being too 'girly'? huh.gif Sure wasn't me. mad.gif

As for the RJ skins... I asked Angel about this a while back and he was apparently AFK. Been wondering about it. They're too good to leave hanging in such small circles.

And what of the Jedi Desaan? Anxious to meet him. wink.gif
OneWingAngel
I know I know; I've been slacking when it comes to skinning I will try to get on it again. As for Jedi Desann, I'm thinking of releasing it as a beta without the sith version, hopefully I will get other peoples opinion which will allow me to make the most awesomest Jedi D IN THE WORLD!!!!!!!!!!! MWAHAHAHAH. Yes, well I'll see what I can do about the other unfinished skins. It would help if they could e-mail me which some idea of whatt they want:)
TheBeast
Euh... well... Angel,

If I can lend you a hand, I surely will, don't be afraid to ask... smile.gif

Even if I ain't that much of theskinner type... more of the modeler one smile.gif

And that would be NICE, if we could get all these skin into one cool pk3, and btw Rugg... what do you find girly about The Rj version of the Infinite Skin???

- Beast
JayBaen
Glad to see you're still interested in making a combined .pk3 OneWing. Let me know if we need to email a few people for input.

JB
TheBeast
OK I see there's not much interest in this anymore... but I really think this could be a cool idea... getting all our RJ skin in one pk3.

I'm going to work on this, but before we make it official... all the RJ that don't have there RJ skin should raise their hands... make a wierd sound... and then get down on theirs knees and pray ... well maybe not all those thing... but PM me or email me or just wirte a reply in this thread and we'll see what we can do.

Be advised that if I don't get any answer to this by like next friday... I'm gonna put together the skin we have now and you'll be forever left out of this cool skin pack smile.gif

- Beast
Tyrannus
You can proceed with the creation of my skin, if there is one. I would just like a little "RJ sparkle" to the Dooku skin. That's all. You can do whatever else you want with it.. I'd just like a skin that wasn't mainstream; I fear the day I'm staring into the eyes of someone similarly aged to me!
JayBaen
Do know that OneWingAngel did put up a 'shout' about this two weeks or so ago. I'm not sure what he's heard back, if anything from the few that are left. Beast, you may want to contact him directly via e-mail and see if he knows anything else.

JB
TheBeast
Tyr: OK I'll work on that and send you screenshot as soon as I have something that will ressemble a Rj Sparkle smile.gif

Jay: OK... noted... I will contact ONeWingAngel

- Beast
Tyrannus
Sounds great, Beast. I have some custom taunts in mind that I'd like the model to have (given the amount Outcast models can hold). We can chat about those whenever you are ready..
JayBaen
I'm so afraid of the possibilities ...

JB
TheBeast
Anytime Tyr... leave a PM or email so we can setup an 'meeting' smile.gif

- Beast
TheBeast
Here is a screenshot of the 'beta' version of the RJ Dooku skin... I wanted to had a little something... it doesn't look that right... it needs more work... but I was looking for suggestions... from anyone that can give them smile.gif

- Beast
*HAMSTAR*
I wonder what he would look like without that skirt or the cape or even both. can they be removed?
TheBeast
Ham: They can be 'turned off'... I'll check that out and post a new screenshot.

Thx for the sugestion.

- Beast
Tyrannus
That looks really great, Beast. Wow.. that cape looks very authentic. I love it! I'm not so sure about that green.. armor, I'm guessing? Well.. I'll have to test it out in-game, but it looks very good at the moment. I'll be giddy in anticipation of the next update.
TheBeast
OK... we are Friday... and I have had many comebacks on this thread... so Angel and I are working on the skin that you have requested from us.

As you can see... I have begun by the Dooku one for Tyr... (By the way... I meant that armor to be kind of a dark yellow... but it was kinda hard to get smile.gif)

And we have received unofficial request from

- Deacon : For a Rj twist on teh shadowtrooper skin
- Kyzene : For a new reborn skin

I didn't have the chance to talk to Darkside about this... but I see he lokes the RJ reborn skin... if you want your name added to the request list... just let me know Dark.

- Beast
OneWingAngel
Wow, I mean wow. Beasto, that is freaking awesome. As for what is missing, perhaps make his surrounding areas (arms, legs) a dark red like this
Ruggiero
NICE WORK! However, you have yet to put in the version with the diaper.....

Rugg
TheBeast
Nice idea OneWing... Here is what it does with the yellow-greenish armor smile.gif

- Beast
JayBaen
If only we could have Custom Hilts in the Academy mod ... who wouldn't be up for designing a cane?
Tyrannus
Angel - Are there any RJ logos on your version? I think that a logo some where on it would helpful for our clan.. seeing as I do most of the crushing. happy.gif

Beast - I like it.. however, I like Angel's idea of darker colors on the chest. Perhaps make it so I can switch between? (ex. /set model tyrannus/armor)
TheBeast
Tyr - No problem... but the real question is... do you like the armor... if your answer is yes... then we just have to found a way to make it a color that you'll be proud wearing.

You said that you wanted a dark color... let me look into that

- Beast
TheBeast
Is this more to your liking Tyr ???

- Beast
JayBaen
Looking great, both of you. Thx again for all the work.

JB
XeroSaber
QUOTE(JayBaen @ Nov 29 2003, 01:20 AM)
If only we could have Custom Hilts in the Academy mod ... who wouldn't be up for designing a cane?

LMAO!
Tyrannus
I love that one, Beast... however, I still love Angel's (mostly because it resembles my former skin, giving an already built love more power). Don't make me decide! I'd just like to be able to switch between.. kind of like being able to put on battle armor or not. I'd definitely be proud to wear either of those skins!
TheBeast
Tyr: Oh... i get it... I just thought you were taking the 'easy' way out smile.gif By that I mean that you were asking for both skin just because you didn't want to disappoint any of us (Angel or Me)

But if you like both... then who are we to stop you ??? smile.gif

I'm gonna get in touch with Angel so he can send me his version of the skin... and I'll make a beta pk3 for you to test it out in the game.

- Beast
Tyrannus
Sounds great. Thanks a lot! laugh.gif
DarkSykes
tongue.gif happy.gif WoW very nice skins .. happy.gif
OneWingAngel
Lemme slap a swoosh on it and I'll send it to ya Beast
TheBeast
The testing is underway... Well tyr has it... and we are waiting for him to say if he really likes it or not...smile.gif

On another note... I'll be working on a reborn Skin for Kyzene... and I'll submit it for suggestion as always... so don't change the channel... err... keep coming here if you want to see the skin before everyone else smile.gif

- Beast
JayBaen
Beasty ...

Remember to give me any skins you have so that I can incorporate them onto the server ... smile.gif

Thx,

JB
Deacon
Okay, skin ideas...

I rather like the shadowtrooper model.

What I would like, and I request that you abuse your artistic license here, is a skin that is based on the shadowtrooper model.

I would love a skin that has the armor of the shadowtrooper with the markings of the RJ clan (beta) skin.

Some, or all, of the underarmor (black mid section and joints) could be translucent, but this is not required. For this effect, I like the cloaktrooper skin. It appears that they use a shader to create a "cloaked" appearance.

Some type of robe or cloak would be cool, but I'm not sure if that would detract from the overall effect of the model.

That being said, I love the blue model; however, I would not be opposed to a deep blue or red model.

Please email me or post here if you have any questions or suggestions.

Thanks,

Deacon
Tyrannus
I tested the skin for roughly 30-50 minutes on a server I created, and it is really great. I would only change the main taunt and the representing icon (it's the same as the other one.. you don't have to change it if you don't want to). Other than that, I'd just like to know one thing: what would the armor model look like with no cloak? I'm thinking it could look very cool. It's up to you if you want to try that out.. I'm just interested in how it'll look.

Overall, I like the skin. The minor changes stated above are my only gripes. Great job, guys! I can't wait to get this mainstream... laugh.gif

[I'll e-mail you or talk to you in-game with taunt ideas... ]
JayBaen
I'm glad you're going to continue sporting the ol' Dooku skin ... it suits you so well. I can't much imagine you in anything else.

JB
TheBeast
Nice to see you like the Skin Tyr.

1. For the taunt... I'll wait for you to contact me or Angel.
2. For the armor Model without cape... I'll look into it and see what I can do
3. For the 2 Icons... I was waiting for a 'final' skin and someone to test it with, so we can take good screenshot and make great Icon oout of them

Tyr: Go back to the adress I gave you in the PM... and get the new PK3 in like 1 or 2h... you'll have a version of the armor skin with no cape accessible when you'll write :

model rjdooku/armornc

(nc for no cape smile.gif)

- Beast
Tyrannus
Gah.. I'm so stupid. I deleted that message after I downloaded the skin.. mad.gif Could you send me a new link?
Deacon
Send me the link too. I'm willing to be a tester if you need one.

--Deacon
OneWingAngel
Oo Ooo and me too
OneWingAngel
Also, Deacon I think I can handle your skin there won't be a model with a cloak however, but I'll see what I can do with those invisible joints:)
TheBeast
here is the link misters smile.gif

http://www.geocities.com/samsters3000/index.html

But be advised that this isn't the final version of the pk3... you'll have to download it one more time, when we launch the official version smile.gif

Deacon: Being a modest modeler and all... I'll see what I can do about that cloak... but that will be after I get Ky skin request done... cause those modeling project just take too much time smile.gif

- Beast
Deacon
np on the cloak... that was an after though. I did see something tonight that might be good to replace the cloaked joints though... In sublime 3, Rugg made a water shader that is amazing. Perhaps we can get one cloaked and one with water to see how they look.

Also, that might be a good update for the water elemental skin smile.gif

Thanks.

Deacon
Ruggiero
RJRodian in JK3 is missing his chest! It is invisible.... has this been fixed?

Rugg
TheBeast
Rugg : Not by me... but I could take a look

- Beast
Ruggiero
Thanks, beasty!

He just needs to be fixed for Academy.... not for jk2. Is the path different for sounds in JK3? Do all the files have to be altered for that or just the directory structure for the jk3 pk3's?

Rugg
Tyrannus
I tested the 'new' skin.. and I'm not so sure about the no cloak. I guess the cloak is just a part of me, and to be without it leaves me feeling a bit empty. Well, I like what you have now.. if you want to complete it. For the taunt.. I'll e-mail you the ideas right now, Beast. The rest is up to you. If you need my help with the icon, then just e-mail or whatnot..
TheBeast
Rugg : About the RJ Rodian skin missing his chest in JK3... I think I found the problem... but I don't have any solution.

The skin has a model_default.surf file... this fill is used in JK2 to tell JK2 that when it load the skin, the parts stated in the *.surf file must be on or off.

In the RJRodian case, the torso_vest is surfed off and the torso_argument_off (that is behind the vest) is surfed on. But I think JK3 may not be working properly with the *.surf file... well I don't see anything beside this thing that could lead to a problem.

I'll try to dig up something on this and return with the solution... in the mean time if anyone knows what i'm talking about and know a way to fix this... I could surely need your help smile.gif

- Beast
Ruggiero
Sounds like you are hot on the trail!

Rugg
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.