Help - Search - Member List - Calendar
Full Version: Jk3 Server
-=Reborn JEDI=- Forums > -=Reborn JEDI=- Archives > The Jedi Help Desk
*HAMSTAR*
these are just some things I thought needed to be fixed on the server.
1. make the force regeneration bar fill up faster so we won't have to wait 30 seconds to make our next jump.
2. you did a good job on the damage but I think you brought it a little to low because the bot only did like 1-5 hit pionts off in heavy style when I fought him.

thx for what you've done so far too
JayBaen
So you know ...

I'm torn about the Force Regen moment. In Outcast, the force regen had (basically) nothing to do with playing style during duels (which is what most of us do). In Academy, this is obviously not the case. Force Regen is tied directly to the ability to do much of anything either offensive or defensive in nature.

Now sure, I know that bringing up the Force Regen will do so equally for all play styles. I have 2 problems. 1) Each of the saber styles has their own set of advantages, and ones that can only be used based on an amount of force power. The double saber (at the moment, pre-patch) has some very clear advantages over the other styles, esp. with unlimited force. Most of us wouldn't get anything done if we had to fight anyone using that style well with a bountiful resource of force. 2) If I change the Force Regen which is so greatly tied to play style, visitors would boycott the place, as they would have no sense of where their game went. If you've ever visited an Outcast server where the admin has changed the saber damage, you'll know what I'm talking about. It's the best analogy I can think of. Your game is completely different. I don't want that for people visiting.

I know a patch from LucasArts/Raven will help to alleviate some of these issues. In the mean time, the stuff I can change that I'd like some feed back about has more to do with the "accuracy" and the "saber detection," items I have played with on the Outcast server. Have you ever heard people visit our server and ask "Did you change the saber damage?" I haven't ... but I have played with the other items, which makes the game a LOT more playable. You're not constantly parrying, being blocked, missing when you know you're hitting, etc. It's these things that have seemed most different for people I think in Academy vs. Outcast. I've tried to get closer with that now.

Keep posting. I do want the feedback.

JB
JayBaen
p.s. ...

Yeah, the bots are crazy hard, and I'm not sure exactly why yet. I only raised their level by one.

Or, I could just stink.

JB
Ruggiero
Why are those two possibilities mutually exclusive?

smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.