Help - Search - Member List - Calendar
Full Version: Posting Pictures
-=Reborn JEDI=- Forums > -=Reborn JEDI=- Archives > The Jedi Help Desk
OneWingAngel
Is there a way of posting a picture on the forums without having a link to it?
Deacon
Not that I've seen, but I could be wrong.

If you looking for a place to put these images, let me know. You can link them off of my site. All you would need to do is email them to me.

Deacon
TheBeast
Or open up a geocities account... it'easy... cost nothing... and works most of the time smile.gif

- Beast
TheLizardKing
do you mean something like this? just click browse in the file attachments section of a reply or new post... unless lesser humans and creatures (not admins/mods) can't then i'll have to fix that.
TheBeast
You'll have to fix it for lesser human (or for me)... cause I don,t see a file attachement section when I reply to a post.

Am I the only one ???

- Beast
Deacon
Nope.. I have it. Use the IMG button and enter the URL.

user posted image

BTW, I have way too much time on my hands! smile.gif
XeroSaber
*INSERT INSULT HERE* wink.gif

Xero
TheBeast
Euh Deacon... wasn't the question posting picture without using a link (so without using a URL but a 'path' (the explication for the 'browse' button)

And by psting that screenshot... we do see that you ARE using a link... so the question does remain... do Lesser human (not admin and all) have access the file attachement section???

*Insert insult here* biggrin.gif

- Beast
*HAMSTAR*
user posted image
Deacon
Whhhhy would you insert an insult? tongue.gif By the image, you can CLEARLY see what other "less than admin" users see. tongue.gif

Did you see a browse button? NO! biggrin.gif You saw a link button... THAT would be the reason I offered to let OneWingAngel put the files on my server.

Ya'll need to check that hostility at the door... or get on the server and work some of it out smile.gif
XeroSaber
laugh.gif ph34r.gif *insert next insult here and disappear from sight*

Xero
Ruggiero
My name is Ruggiero Admin of Admins.
Look on my Works, O Deacon, and Despair!
TheBeast
One thing I gotta say...

You gotta love those Macs for all that graphic 'chichi' smile.gif

And btw, proven my point... us... lesser human don't have that file attachement section... WOOHOO!!!! laugh.gif

- Beast
XeroSaber
lol....Rugg! ur an admin, so u get to do that stuff! lol...we dont, cuz we dont have that kinda privileges....and since when did we elect a rodian as admin?! tongue.gif

Xero
OneWingAngel
Yes now you see how hard it is to post pictures without your godly admin power
P.S. Liz... could you fix this? biggrin.gif
TheBeast
I just wanted to thank Liz for the quick fix about the 'File attachement section'...

Hail to the King of Lizard and webpages smile.gif

- Beast
OneWingAngel
Yes thank you very much liz
JayBaen
N.B. ... Rugg wasn't voted an admin .. he was appointed one by another Greater Human ..

biggrin.gif

JB
Deacon
Hmmm.... Eq is too new to be the greater Human mentioned and you're a Rodian Love Child, so who appointed him to the position?

tongue.gif
Ruggiero
Appointed, or so he thinks...

it was an old rodian mind-trick that did it.

AND MY POWER GROWS.

RUgg
XeroSaber
love child? hahaha....gr8 one! and....im the love child here! tongue.gif

Xero
JayBaen
Authority is given ... never taken .. . ohmy.gif

JB
Ruggiero
When in the Course of human events, it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another, and to assume among the powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the Laws of Nature and of Nature's God entitle them, a decent respect to the opinions of mankind requires that they should declare the causes which impel them to the separation. We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.--That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, --That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness. Prudence, indeed, will dictate that Governments long established should not be changed for light and transient causes; and accordingly all experience hath shewn, that mankind are more disposed to suffer, while evils are sufferable, than to right themselves by abolishing the forms to which they are accustomed. But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security.
Ruggiero
(The Rodian sits smugly in the corner, wiating to get clobbered.)
JayBaen
deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed

(exactly my point)

... and IF one takes without being given ... one only has power ... not authority.

JB
XeroSaber
what was that? the Bill of Rights? tongue.gif
Ruggiero
But who was it given by?

Rugg

p.s. And no, xero, you numbskull. That is the Declaration of Independence.
Deacon
We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.--That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, --

Ummm... Rugg, you're a Rodian... wink.gif
XeroSaber
lmao! Deacon makes a valid point! and Rugg, i knew that, lol....i knew it would pull ur le.....umm...tentacle. wink.gif

Xero
XeroSaber
lets test this baby! heres a pic of my Final Fantasy X-2 Desktop. Im obsessed with FF if u dont know. The icn in the top left, is a Video of FFX-2 that i watch when i wake up, come home at noon, once before i eat, and twice before i go to sleep. smile.gif i LOVE FF!!! I JUS TBOUGHT THE CD!! THE OFFICIAL FFX SOUNDTRACK!!! I FINALLY FOUND IT AFTER MONTHS OF SEARCHING!!! YAY XERO!!!!!!! smile.gif I know ALL about FFX...from Character Designer to lastnames of characters With lastnames and the Music Composer for most FF games...smile.gif Obsessed? YES!
i even have pics on my walls that i find and print...btw, i made the pic in the desktop by screenshotting the video and editign adn cropping ETC!! IM PROUD OF IT!!! (even my screensaver is of FFX-2! smile.gif
TheBeast
Man.... and I thought I was the only one (FF fanatic)... smile.gif

But now I notived that you are even worse than me... Maybe we should start a topic in discussion or musing about this... but what the heck...smile.gif

Xero... are you only obssessed with FFX and FFX-2... or do you know or remmember or payed the other ones ??? If you did not I would start feeling sorry for you smile.gif

But hey... why are you obsessed by FF???

Do you want something else that is FF (an homemade FFX AMV (tuned the to System of a Down song Aerials) ???

Wel I,ll let it go for now... but biggrin.gif

- Beast
XeroSaber
lol beast, yes ive played most of the FF games. i love them all...mostly...9 was weirdly childish to me...but it was decent. the movie was a disgrace and should never be talked about again. at least not with the great name Final Fantasy on it. i first fell in love with the series when i played FF II on my snes about 6 years ago....omg, i loved it...Cecil rocked. Kain ruled. Rydia....the summoner...wow, loved it. from there on, i played FF til my eyes fell out. then i picked em up for a new one and proceeded again! smile.gif I know soooo much about FF, its not even funny. For Example...and i swear on my life i am not looking this up at all:

Common Trait among TRUE summoners- Multiple colored eyes
Character Designer of most games for FF including FFX- Tetsuya Nomura
Greatest COmposer in the world/FF composer (except for FFX-2 which is done by Koda Kumi)- Nobuo Uematsu.
Release date of FF7(U.S.)- September 7th, 1997
Release date of FF8(U.S.)- September 9, 1999
Realeas Date of FF9(US)- didnt care too much, hehe
Release Date of FFX(U.S.)- December 19, 2002

I can do more if u want, but trust me, i would never stop. ask Rugg. hehe....i LOVE this game. 8 was awesome on PSX...Yuna is my favorite Character. love her green eye and blue eye. im gonna get a tattoo one day of a symbol from a FF game...prolyl Griever(Squalls necklace) and Tidus' Necklace piece...one on each arm. im dead serious too....ill prolly get contacts to make my right eye green and left one blue...just like yuna...that is how hers are, check the pic again if u like. trust me, im as hardcore as it gets....i have most of the japanese song memorized...just from listenin to it so much. im glad o found that soundtrack! number 16 rox!!! its the ending theme of FFX!!! YOU HAVE TO GET IT!!! OK, bed time!! time to watch my video twice! lata!

Xero
Equanimity
Is it just me, or does Tidus have astonishingly and DISTURBINGLY WHITE teeth (especially in the FMV with Yuna in the lake)?

P.S. If you are fans of FF Music, I highly recommend Fantasy Reborn, which is the work of a single artist who has endeavored to arrange the entire work of Nobuo Uetmatsu for the piano. It's like hearing your favorite pieces again, for the first time. smile.gif

P.P.S. (This is me adding more and more to this post as I think more about Final Fantasy tongue.gif) Xero - If you liked FF, I highly recommend you try the Chrono series IF you have not...I assume you have. Frankly, while FF is extremely well done, and I rate the games anywhere between 8.5-9.5 on my mental scale, it's always Chrono which makes the perfect 10. In story, gameplay, music, etc. Although, I must admit, Suteki Da Ne was awesome smile.gif
TheBeast
Hehe... never thought... FF hardcore (well as hardcore as Xero existed) I always thought I was a hardcore fan but now seeing what you know Xero I'm only a sissy fan smile.gif

BUt my story... bringing me to the FF world is wuite the same as you (Xero)... I started playing FF when I could afford a SNES and that'S the first I picked up (just because it was there on the counter of some guy garage sale next to the console I just bought)... not knowing that it would hooked me for life. Since then I picked every FF game and played them till my eyes fell out or till my hand were numb biggrin.gif. But even after playing all the FF game, I feel like the FF2 story was one of the better one... I just can't stop playing it... I was head over heel when they came out with the Final Fantasy Chronicles (FF" & Chrono Trigger) for the Playstation.

Next in line is FF9... even if the desgin or graphics looks a bit childish... I could see pass that and I found the story quite profound... and The FMV... talk about FMV... the FMV in FF9 were the most 'action packed' of all the FF FMV to date (including FFX). They were beautiful and I will never forget Bahamut attacking the town of Alexandria, When Dagger (or Garnet) & Eiko (Hope I got the name right smile.gif) called Alexander to protect them... that was 'astonishing'.

Next in line is FF8, for the story alone and the main caracter that were undescribable... biggrin.gif

And like EQ said... I hope you have played teh Chrono series game... That one game (well 2) that treat the concept of Time travel or dimmension crossing quite effectively and bring a story that is was again quite profound

Man... talking about this bring back so much memory... I think I'll go play FF2 smile.gif

And btw... EQ I assumed you played Chrono Cross... did ever find another game that had teh same 'plot twist' between the main caracter and the main Villain (I hope you know what I,m talking about) I just don't want to spoil the fun of anybody who didn't play the game smile.gif

- Beast
XeroSaber
yes, FF II is by far one of the greatest. it was so cool...way ahead of its time...,m aybe not in grafx, but in the overall game. Zeromus was a cool boss, but i knocked his butt out with Rydia using Meteo over and over, even if it took long to cast. she had to be at level 99 i think to use it. and all my dudes were! smile.gif put it this way, anything Squaresoft, i have usually tried. i tried Chrono Cross, but at the time when i tried it, i was playing FF9...so i put Chrono down and played 9. i admit, 9 had great fmvs. Dagger was the oolest character on that game. Vivi was pimp too. hehe. Eiko was just annoyin. you had the names right, hehe.

E.q.-thanx for the site...i am downloading whatever i can find on there....i love the FF music, especially piano versions. THANX!!!!!! smile.gif smile.gif smile.gif

wait a minute, now that i think about it, i HAVE played chrono....trigger? i dunno, it was one of the CHrono games....main character was Cronos. it looked like SNES grafx....i think it was a rom i had. im not sure....been a while. but they did travel thru time and all. soooo...maybe i did?! lol. it was a good game....ok, college calls to me. ill be back later!

Xero

P.S-yes his teeth were very white, but wouldnt yours be too if u were a celebrity and MAchina did all your things for u? prolly even brush ur teeth? wink.gif
Equanimity
Beast - I know exactly what you're referring to. Brings back great memories. smile.gif

This is how I like to compare FF vs. Chrono:

Final Fantasy is 'mass production.' They produce serveral games per conole. All in all, their games are extremely well done, and the story lines are great. However, (probably because the don't have as long to work on it), they often miss tiny details...the little things which bring a game from excellent to near-perfect. These are the subtle references, the foreshadowing, the artistic 'wholeness' of the game...just the small things which makes you, as the player, start to smile, the things which you can remember years later. Chrono releases one game at the END of every console life...SNES, PSX, I'm waiting eagerly for Chrono Break, which will be released when PS2 finally comes to an end. And that's it. They only have one shot to make it great, but man, do their stories blow you away.

Whoever wrote the script for Chrono is a hell of a writer. In Chrono Cross, for example, there is a love story that runs through the whole game, yet the hero (you), are silent...you never say one word, and the love plot is never once overtly addressed. ALL of it is implied, ALL of it is subtle. And yet, there is no doubt. Beast can attest to this.

Anyhow, Xero, I really highly recommend you play Chrono Cross. I'm sure you won't regret it. (You might also consider investing in a strategy guide...they have LOTS of secrets). Plus, 40 playable characters, and 14 different endings. wink.gif wink.gif wink.gif

Hope that whets your appetite.
Equanimity
Beast, I'm guessing this will bring back memories... smile.gif
Ruggiero
YOU ARE ALL A BUNCH OF FREAKS!

Rugg

........................Going back to my Rodian poetry...
TheBeast
EQ: A bunch of good ones smile.gif

But my favorite character was this one... for no apparent reason though (that I recall smile.gif)
TheBeast
(testing the new file attachement section too)
XeroSaber
freaks?! FREAKS!?! FREEEEX?!!!!!!!!!!! WHY YOU!!! YOU...YOU....YOU HUMAN!!! :-p

Yes, i am a freak when it comes to FF...for it is the ultimate RPG that has no equal...(DO NOT ARGUE WITH ME REGARDLESS OF YOUR OPINION ON THIS.... GUYS AT AP TRIED TO AND IT WENT ON FOR WEEKS AND THEY NEVER WON, MADE ANY PROGRESS, NOR SWAYED ME A BIT....IN THE END THEY JUST SAID WHATEVER AND QUIT.....DO NOT ARGUE WITH ME OVER FF, YOU WILL LOSE.) WHy not be obsessed over soemthign so great?! Freak? thats Mister Final Fantasy Freak! smile.gif

Xero
Equanimity
Beast - You know that Harle has the same face as Kid, except with more paint. smile.gif I would say more, but...I don't want to give anything away.
TheBeast
You know EQ... I never saw that (same faces)... I would gladly ask you to send me a PM about what you wanted to say but could not...smile.gif

Please

- Beast
XeroSaber
i went to gamestop today, looking for some FFX Collectors Statues/replica thingies. u know, the official 1/6 scale "collectors figure". I found em! smile.gif ill be back there soon to get em. only 35 bux each! im gettin Tidus and Auron first...then when im 18 ill get a credit card and order Yuna cuz they didnt have hers there! sad.gif AND I WANTED YUNAS MORE THAN ANY OTHER! sad.gif!!!!!!!!!! but all shall be mine in time. hehe...i also found out taht october 29th, the next Final Fantasy Anime comes out! its already mine in other words, hehe. as in, ill buy it on october 29th! smile.gif im tryin to find the older ones...like Legend of the Crystals...damn i want it!! ive seen it everywhere...and today when i am actually lookin for it to BUY, i cant find it anywhere in Bryan! and i wen tto like 7 stores that sell games and stuff! darn....ill have to keep checkin or get it off Ebay when im 18! smile.gif ill own it one day, mark my words...oh yeah, i saw Chrono Cross for 16 bux, but with my discount it woulda been like 14.60. but i didnt wanna buy it....im too busy with Kingdom Hearts, Legaia 2, and rebeating FFX...im gonna beat FFX one more time....but ill wait to beat the final boss til December 2nd...then ill see the ending, want more, then go to Gamestop in the morning/go to walmart that night if im too impatient, which i will be, and buy the game and continue on! chrono cross will have to wait til my FFX-2 days are over....meaning NEVER! wink.gif

Xero
XeroSaber
and so u know E.Q, i downloaded ALL the songs from Fantasy Reborn and have them on a cd already, hehe...thnx for the great link! it rox! i also found the FF 9 soundtrack and the greatest hits over 5 generations of FF collection. im buyin em both this weekend! smile.gif

Xero
TheBeast
You're missing something Xero (about not picking up Chrono Cross)... but you can always do as you wish smile.gif

- Beast
XeroSaber
yeah, i know i might be missing somethin, hehe. it IS a squaresoft game, so im sure it rox, and kicks major arse. but im a die hard FF and never shall a FF game ever be stopped in order to play anythign ele lest i be thru with that title. so....until im not playin a FF game, i wont try anything else, hehe. wink.gif

Xero

P.S- ill eventually get it, maybe in a yr or so! smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.