Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Thinking To Buy The Game....

D e A t H
post May 20 2004, 12:28 AM
Post #1

Padawan

Group: Members
Member No.: 116

Well now i'm VERY curious about the game and I would like to know the good things and the bad things of the game. I have KOTOR (Knights of the Old Republic), is Galaxies like it? if so in what ways? Anyway, besides that I have some questions that I would like to know so that I can reconsider the game:

For starters, how much do I have to pay??? confused.gif

Does the game has any bugs???

Is it true that is VERY repetitive???

How is the gameplay???

Will it work in my PC??? (I have a P4 1.8, 512 RAM, 64 MB GeForce2, 80 GB Hard Disk, and broadband)

How extensive can the planets be??? (and how many planets are in the game?)

What can you tell me about your experience in SWG???

--------------------
Let us not look back in anger, nor forward in fear, but around in awareness.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
JayBaen
post May 20 2004, 06:59 AM
Post #2

Lord

Group: Admin
Member No.: 3

I played only for a short period of time and found it to be very time consuming to get the smallest of things accomplished.

1) I'm not sure what the monthly fee is now, it was a bit hefty -- they may be offering different specials depending on how many months at a time your purchase.

2) All games have bugs. That was another initial problem of mine. I bought the game the day it came out and might as well have been a beta tester. Not sure where that stands now.

3) Game play is laboriously slow, at least it was for me.

4) I think your PC is fine -- though, you could use a different video card these days.

5) The planets are amazingly extensive, and there are many of them.

6) I wish I would have enjoyed it more, especially for the amount of money and time I put in initially. It all may be different now. Ask Tyrannus, Liz or Alexander their opinions. They have more recent dealings with the game than I do.

JB

--------------------
Yellow Is Golden

DelphiGT

"There's nothing in this universe that can't be explained. Eventually." -- House, M.D.
+Quote Post
XeroSaber
post May 20 2004, 07:34 AM
Post #3

Master

Member No.: 15

i might get it soon, seeing as how Alexander, Snake, and Natural Born Killer (people i know from AP, and ALex and Snake are brothers) are offering to help me get started and give me some startin money since they are "blingin" they said they can help me buy a ship when i start, lol. thats awesoem so i may just get it. smile.gif
+Quote Post
D e A t H
post May 20 2004, 05:39 PM
Post #4

Padawan

Wow thx a lot JB you cleared some of my doubts, i'll keep checking the game out. Still I would like someone that is really into the game right now. tongue.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
Tyrannus
post May 22 2004, 02:20 PM
Post #5

Master

Group: -=RJ=-Clan
Member No.: 4

I sent you a PM, Death.. but let me answer some more of your inquiries here, as well.

For starters, how much do I have to pay???

As I'm led to believe, it is $15/month, or $12 per month for "prepay."

Does the game has any bugs???

Yes, it does, but since it is a constant online game they are fixing bugs regularly at your command (you may report bugs you find). And, just to let you know, a LOT has been fixed already since launch.

Is it true that is VERY repetitive???

Another yes. However, it is this way in many games requiring one to gain experience, raise levels, etc. I have been playing this game since it came out (and before that, in BETA), and I am still playing today. Not literally today, but.. you get the point. And you may also vary what you do.. take hunting. One does not have to hunt by themselves. They may form groups as large as 20 people or so and take down Krayt Dragons (if they dare!). All the professions have their down points.. but all can be turned into fun, or you can just "grind" them.. and get exp easy.

How is the gameplay???

I think it's pretty well done. In relation to KotoR, it is fairly similar. The combat is turn-based, in that you hit "Attack," and your character will start attacking -- with whatever weapon: Gun, Melee, or HANDS! -- in a set pattern. However, you may implement Specials into the fray, and those you can stack up and watch them unleash whatever power they do. In the beginning.. and for the long time that lasted until they *finally* put in speeders, we had to run, on foot, everywhere! That is fun if you want to explore, but let me tell you.. Speeders are SOO much fun. The game itself looks great, too, if your graphics can handle it. Otherwise.. just turn 'em down and pray for less lag.

How extensive can the planets be??? (and how many planets are in the game?)

There are 6 starting planets that your character must begin his journey on, but you don't have to stay on the starting planet at all. However.. pick one that you plan to be on for a while, for you don't start with much money to travel with. Planets can be rather large, but as mentioned before, Speeders make it a lot easier to traverse them. What's that you say? You don't got no speeder?? You can use the Shuttleport to send you to whichever city your heart desires on the planet. If you have the funds.. you take the Starport to other planets (until the Ship Expansion comes out.. sometime this summer.. where you can own *your own* interplanetary ship). Exciting! To get back on planets.. there are more to travel to, but they are *tough* planets. Like.. with hard creatures to kill. But there is a LOT of combat experience to be gained there! (I advise hunting in groups on these planets.. Dantooine, Dathomir, etc.)

What can you tell me about your experience in SWG???

Hmm.. very fun for a while. Perhaps *my* love might be waning since I've been playing from BETA, but that will all change with the revamping of the Jedi Profession and the addition of flying ships into space (yes, there are going to be Imperial cruisers up there.. and yes, you are going to be able to fight them!). However, if you would simply visit (www.starwarsgalaxies.com), you would be able to see just how many people love and own this game. Also.. they have a lot more information on the game than Old Tyrannus can provide.. I assure you! I am also disclosing some information.. for if you do get it, it may be your desire to attain such information on your own. However.. you have more questions (which you undoubtedly will, since my ramblings probably didn't help at all), then ask away! I *might* be able to help you..

--------------------
user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image
Tyrannus - Master of wit, and quite deadly with a saber. Truly a wonder.. or so the "Legend" goes..
+Quote Post
D e A t H
post May 22 2004, 06:44 PM
Post #6

Padawan

Otherwise.. just turn 'em down and pray for less lag.

What exactly do you mean by lag? Is there a lot of lag in the game???

--------------------
+Quote Post
*HAMSTAR*
post May 22 2004, 07:00 PM
Post #7

Master

Member No.: 49

If you dont have the system requirments or your just at the minimum then you will have alotta lag by putting all the settings on the highest. but if you lower your settings you won't be so laggy.

--------------------
user posted image
<<~**/-/amstaR**~>>
+Quote Post
D e A t H
post May 22 2004, 09:21 PM
Post #8

Padawan

Do you have the game ham???

--------------------
+Quote Post
*HAMSTAR*
post May 22 2004, 09:27 PM
Post #9

Master

no BB got it last august and it didn't work on either of our crappy comps so we took it back. But I know this from other games that I have played. In almost all games it laggs less when your graphics and things are in low gear.

--------------------
user posted image
<<~**/-/amstaR**~>>
+Quote Post
D e A t H
post May 22 2004, 09:37 PM
Post #10

Padawan

what kind of comps you guys have???

--------------------
+Quote Post
*HAMSTAR*
post May 22 2004, 10:03 PM
Post #11

Master

I have a 4300 dell dimension and he had a dell too but I dont remember which type they were pretty similar.
If you wanna find out if your machine can handle the game just goto one of the galaxies sites and look for system requirments. sadly for us we got it before we knew our comps sucked. dry.gif

--------------------
user posted image
<<~**/-/amstaR**~>>
+Quote Post
D e A t H
post May 22 2004, 11:11 PM
Post #12

Padawan

Thanks a lot Tyrannus you cleared most of my doubts. Oh and I would like to hear what Liz has to say about the game laugh.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
D e A t H
post May 28 2004, 10:36 PM
Post #13

Padawan

Tyrannus I sent you a PM but I forgot to ask something else... what exactly do you mean by pre paying??? Is it that just before the month is done you pay the next???

Subscription rates for Star Wars Galaxies™: An Empire Divided™

1 month - $14.99 ---> or $12.00???
3 months - $41.99
6 months - $77.99
12 months - $143.99

confused.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
Tyrannus
post May 30 2004, 05:22 PM
Post #14

Master

Member No.: 4

Prepay simply means that you pay several months in advance, to avoid having your account suddenly end (assuming you aren't keeping track). With the prepay route, it appears as though you'll get a better deal overall, as the money rate decreases with the more months you pay in advance. As I took it, prepay months were about 12 some dollars a month, and month by month was $14.99. I hope you can decypher the message within...

--------------------
user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image
Tyrannus - Master of wit, and quite deadly with a saber. Truly a wonder.. or so the "Legend" goes..
+Quote Post
D e A t H
post May 31 2004, 02:07 PM
Post #15

Padawan

Tyrannus can you tell me the specs of your computer? I've been reading and the system requierments are quite high... dry.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post

2 Pages  1 2 >
Topic Options
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 08:06 AM