+Quote Post
InfiniteWarrior
post Sep 9 2003, 11:47 PM
Post #2

Emperor

Group: Members
Member No.: 20

Whoa! Desaan...a Jedi! Looking good.

Do you see that much depth in his clothing from all angles? Because, he looks 3-D here (especially though those front folds). I can imagine what he'll look like with a good vid card. dry.gif

The shading is awesome. I know colors are not as bright in-game as in the model viewer. I'm thinking he'll be a slightly darker brown? Pants look like suede...

You know what? NVM. I'll just play with the model when he's finished. wink.gif Maybe Beast should trim his nails, considering he's a Jedi now.

Nice work, as per usual. Do you have a release date? And when do we get to see your creations on JK2, anyway?
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Equanimity
post Sep 10 2003, 12:16 AM
Post #3

Master

Group: -=RJ=-Clan
Member No.: 27

In case you didn't get my email, Angel, here's the comment I wrote.

Angel - Desann looks too skinny in this model. You need to buff him up
somehow, make the shoulders a bit wider and his arms much thicker. Right now,
he looks like a reborn with a Desann head. However, the actual skin itself is
GREAT! I love how his two arms have different fabrics covering it. That is an
awesome touch.

--------------------
Equanimity

Commitment is the first step to excellence, and excellence but the first step to perfection.
+Quote Post
TheBeast
post Sep 10 2003, 08:12 AM
Post #4

Master

Member No.: 12

Well... as you can see in my previous comments... I have a hard time 'sizing up' a skin and what the people will think of it smile.gif

But my personnal opinion is that the skin is very nice. I like all the detail (folds, fabrics, etc.)

And I also agree with Equa on the look like a reborn model with a Desann Head. I could always give it a try and make him a little bulkier and also 'trim his nails' smile.gif

But I would really like to see it in 3D in my ModView.... I would surely have a better ideo of the size and the also the skin.

Would it be possible for you Angel to distribute a 'beta' verison??? smile.gif

- Beast

EDIT: I just thought about something... To ake it look a bit bulkier without going throught me... you could always make his 'shirt' a bit brighter and add some folds to the shoulders and biceps... and then make his head color a bit darker (to add some contrast with the newly brightered skirt)

--------------------
"Separately, woman and alcohol can be quite fun... but when you mix them, they can make you a dumbass"

- Red, That's 70's Show :)
+Quote Post
Ruggiero
post Sep 10 2003, 10:43 AM
Post #5

Lord

Group: Admin
Member No.: 2

One thing to keep in mind, angel, that I noticed about Desann's head.

Many, many animals are DARK on TOP, and Light on the BOTTOM. (like your model's head.)

The reason for this is because our (and most animal's) brains are trained to recognize things that are BRIGHT on TOP and dark on the bottom as having volume: as being solid things, casting shadows, etc. And if a solid thing moves, if you are bigger than it, you can eat it. Bam.

So, animals, especially cute furry ones of the edible variety, evolved to be dark on top, and light on the bottom, to confuse our brains, not register as dinner, and give them the split second edge that it takes to scamper away.

So, what this means to your model, is one of the reasons he might look a little screwy is the head tonalities: being bright-chinned, and dark skulled is not how most people/enormous evil jedi-lizardmen look.

Perhaps toning down his chin will "optically" bring his head back into proportion (without having to change the model), and make him look LESS like a reborn, and make his shoulders look larger.

Also, making the change in direction in those folds coming down under his chest more pronounced might make him look like he is "buffer."

Anyway, My $.02

Rugg

--------------------
Oobawanga wata chopay polah.
+Quote Post
Butter-Bean
post Sep 10 2003, 05:36 PM
Post #6

Padawan

Member No.: 10

Hey onewing!!! mad.gif I was gonna make a jedi desann you took my Idea!!!!!!! dry.gif

--------------------
B~B
+Quote Post
OneWingAngel
post Sep 10 2003, 06:35 PM
Post #7

Master

Member No.: 7

I know, and I'm sry. I waited a while but i heard no news of anything. If u want me to i will erase it from my computer.
+Quote Post
Butter-Bean
post Sep 10 2003, 07:09 PM
Post #8

Padawan

Member No.: 10

naa don't erase it, its better than I could ever make it. just gemme some cred or something for the Idea. cool.gif

--------------------
B~B
+Quote Post
OneWingAngel
post Sep 10 2003, 07:14 PM
Post #9

Master

it was my intention, i was gonna ask u when it was done and give u credit in the redme
+Quote Post
OneWingAngel
post Sep 10 2003, 07:31 PM
Post #10

Master

Now then back to the skin. While I'm focused, aren't most jedi pretty scrany? I haven't seen luke with a six pack. Most jedis have a more bicker physique then weight lifter. I also colored in the chin arena, made it more brown. I don't really like it though because it makes his head looks kind of orange blink.gif . Never fear though i can be fixed by making his head a deper shade of brown.
+Quote Post
InfiniteWarrior
post Sep 10 2003, 08:33 PM
Post #11

Emperor

Member No.: 20

QUOTE(OneWingAngel @ Sep 10 2003, 07:31 PM)
While I'm focused, aren't most jedi pretty scrawny? I haven't seen luke with a six pack.

Amen. I prefer the non-buffed look for this one. The proportions are great as they are. Please, please don't change that. Evil Desaan had nothing to worry about; he's evil. Jedi Desaan will have his conscience eating at him all the time... "Am I doing the right thing? Is this the best solution?" He'd worry a little weight off, if nothing else.

And the folds coming down the chest are the best part of this skin, imo. This is where I'm seeing so much depth and contrast. The length of the flap may account for the slimming down effect.

On a second look, I think you might want to add a little contrasting pattern to the upper portion of the boots before he's finished. "Ravage" has some great boots that were darkened too much to see the pattern that's there; they look basic black as they are. (You'd have to look at the jpeg to know what I'm seeing, I guess.)

BTW, what color are his eyes? I always thought Desaan's eyes should have been a brighter, lizardly yellow-green. They seemed a bit dull to me on the original. I don't mean glowing or anything; just a little more - pronounced.
+Quote Post
TheBeast
post Sep 10 2003, 10:29 PM
Post #12

Master

Member No.: 12

Firstly I want to thank Angel for sending me the beta version of the skin.

I was looking at it and thought of a detail that would be cool looking on the skin... Angel you could add some hard scale (and I mean HARD) to the neck of Desann.

Here is a pics of what I mean

user posted image

EDIT: Or here is a link to the image... if it does not show up
Desann Head

what do you think ???

- Beast

--------------------
"Separately, woman and alcohol can be quite fun... but when you mix them, they can make you a dumbass"

- Red, That's 70's Show :)
+Quote Post
Deacon
post Sep 11 2003, 11:28 AM
Post #13

Master

Member No.: 29

I was thinking about the color thing that Rugg and others mentioned. Their statements are correct about light on top and dark on the bottom for the hunted. I however, I picture Dessan being a bit of a bad a$#. He IS the hunter.

I think that the underside color makes him look a bit pale/weak. I would suggest a bit more green or gray. If possible, keep the color proportions between the top and bottom. This way the top will be darker and bottom wil be less yellow. IMHO

--------------------

=============================================

E .· ` ' / ·. F
Your tears fuel me.

Yellow is golden, but Red is quicker!
+Quote Post
Ruggiero
post Sep 13 2003, 02:46 PM
Post #14

Lord

shot 1

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image

--------------------
+Quote Post
Ruggiero
post Sep 13 2003, 02:46 PM
Post #15

Lord

shot 2

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image

--------------------
+Quote Post

4 Pages  1 2 3 > » 
Topic Options
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 06:50 PM