Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

I Said *full* Split!, ME3

InfiniteWarrior
post Feb 26 2012, 10:57 AM
Post #1

Emperor

Group: Members
Member No.: 20

Teaching Yoga to this Cerberus combat engineer is a hopeless task....

Ah well. At least, I've managed to unlock all the races I wanted to play, including my beloved Drell. ^.^ (Only downside is that he's carrying cluster grenades instead of the third more Vanguard-ish Wave power, but -- though you only get two of them per level -- they come in handy as well.)

The gameplay of all the classes is ridiculously (in a good way) different. First alien race to unlock for me was this one, an Asari Adept. Stasis + Widow = Easiest Rack of Headshots in Existence. Gameplay is slower and more strategic than the heavyweight Vanguard, but nice to switch to when you want to relax a bit and still rack up enough credits to buy a pack (or three) of goodies.

Also have a Quarian Engineer, leveled up well enough to be appropriately lethal, and a Salarian I've yet to play (and probably won't unless I get really, really bored with the others).

Anyone else have the demo?

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
InfiniteWarrior
post Feb 27 2012, 07:25 PM
Post #2

Emperor

I take it back. The Vanguard Charge + Wave combo is lethal once you get it down, but annoying as hell...after you've played other classes with any lower level Vanguards around. In fact, I just played a game with a lower level Vanguard that wasted one of my missiles trying to take down an Atlas with that combo. (Knocked it back and my first missile missed.) Tip: If you're not actually playing that particular Vanguard, keep your distance from those who are. wink.gif

I actually prefer the Vanguard class with the cluster grenades, which is mapped to the Drell (yay!), as it takes a little more skill and strategy to play him. (The grenades scatter, so spare them for indoors as much as possible unless you're alone with 6 or 8 Cerberus agents, in which case one or two of them might get hit, helping you out of a jam.)

The new roll actually works in 360 if you turn your mouse smoothly. Each of the classes also sports a different version of it. (Only the humans roll.) My Drell's "roll" is actually an aerial cartwheel and his light melee is a combination of karate moves compared to the elbow strikes of the humans. The Asari's "roll" is a slide that looks almost like moon-walking in whatever direction. I think you could almost make her dance if have the chance. (Hate her melee, though. Looks stupid.) The Quarian's "roll" is a foot-over-foot quick-step, but she carries the same melee weapon as the humans. It just swings in a different direction.

Wow. Just wow. There's so much variety to discover in ME3 it's unreal. Guess I'll have to play that Salarian after all just to see how he handles. Finally came up with a Turian also. (Yippee!) He's a little slow, but deadly.

Anywho.... Hope to see some of you around in it when the full game is released.
+Quote Post
JayBaen
post Mar 24 2012, 08:25 AM
Post #3

Lord

Group: Admin
Member No.: 3

I'm going to have to blow through ME2 so I can get to this. I know a few others playing it and they all have pretty good things to say.

It's only time, right? Plenty of that lying around ... sad.gif

JB

--------------------
Yellow Is Golden

DelphiGT

"There's nothing in this universe that can't be explained. Eventually." -- House, M.D.
+Quote Post
InfiniteWarrior
post Mar 24 2012, 01:34 PM
Post #4

Emperor

QUOTE(JayBaen @ Mar 24 2012, 09:25 AM)
I'm going to have to blow through ME2 so I can get to this.

Nah. ME2 is far superior in terms of quality. The gameplay has been improved dramatically in ME3, but there are actually very few missions in comparison. In fact, I think the assessment of the remainder was put quite succinctly elsewhere: "Shepard is now [little more than] an errand boy for the Citadel." All too true.... sad.gif

As has also been suggested, ME3 probably suffered from the fact that SWTOR was being developed at the same time. EA likely gave SWTOR precedence for its commercial value, and the lack of attention to detail (ntm, the depth we've come to expect in the Mass Effect series) unfortunately shows up in ME3.

Short of spoilers, there's not much more I can say.

As for the multiplayer, it does rock...the first few times you play it. It becomes painfully obvious in short order, however, that there's only one mission. The objectives are randomized, but that does not variety make. The only other things that change are the enemy (there are three) and the scenery (six multiplayer maps). The fun part is customizing the various classes/weapons and learning to play them all well. That's where the variety comes in.

That one mission gets old fast, though. Very, very old.
+Quote Post

Topic Options
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 06:52 AM