Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

A Wierd Question, . . .

*HAMSTAR*
post Mar 18 2009, 11:06 PM
Post #1

Master

Group: -=RJ=-Clan
Member No.: 49

So as we all know there is a most depressing recession upon the country. Many people have lost thier jobs and are having trouble finding one. Me included. I know it's a long shot but I've been filling out applications and driving around the city of Orlando Florida for almost a month since I've been unemployeed. I've filled out well over 50 applications to anywhere I see. It seems that the jobs a college student like myself might work for have been overrun by the middle-aged people who lost their jobs. Making it almost impossible for someone like me to get a job. I'm having to compete with people twice my age with twice the experience and the fact that I am going to college full time doesn't help my chances.

So with that said. I know a few of you reside in the FL. Anyone know of anyone hiring??? It seems the only jobs I see my friends and ex co-workers getting are the jobs where they "know" someone and get a hook up. Anyways I honestly don't expect any of you to know of any jobs. But I am running out of savings and my rent isn't going to pay itself so I'm just throwing this out there in case a miracle passes by the site. rolleyes.gif

Have a nice day!

--------------------
user posted image
<<~**/-/amstaR**~>>
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Ruggiero
post Mar 19 2009, 10:16 AM
Post #2

Lord

Group: Admin
Member No.: 2

Gee, Hammy; sorry to hear it. Ugh!

What kinds of things are you looking to do? What sorts of jobs?

--Rug
(who STILL checks the boards every morning).

--------------------
Oobawanga wata chopay polah.
+Quote Post
*HAMSTAR*
post Mar 19 2009, 03:56 PM
Post #3

Master

A Pretty wide range actaully, so I am suprised I haven't been able to anything. let's see...

Material Handler, clerk/receptionist, sales associate, film/tv production, nutrition/personal training, shipping/recieving, merchandiser, stock/warehouse, and retail.

--------------------
user posted image
<<~**/-/amstaR**~>>
+Quote Post
InfiniteWarrior
post Mar 19 2009, 09:34 PM
Post #4

Emperor

Group: Members
Member No.: 20

QUOTE(*HAMSTAR* @ Mar 19 2009, 12:06 AM)
It seems that the jobs a college student like myself might work for have been overrun by the middle-aged people who lost their jobs.

Ok, then. The first thing we need to do is knock off all the middle-aged people, so.... Oh, wait. I'm middle-aged. Never mind. Scratch that. Bad idea.

Not sure how close you are to them, but have you checked with the theme parks? The season is nearly upon us and there are a few jobs that pay well above minimum wage, last I heard. Fun, too. Maybe you could work one of those in the interim -- perhaps a live show or, better yet, underground at Disney World in the magic tunnels that run the place. (Have you seen the documentary on that monster computer complex? It's pretty amazing.) Judging by the blue tux look, though, they'd probably tap you to play Prince Charming, ride the float, hang out with Cinderellie and other such nightmarish things. You might prefer swimming with the killer whales at SeaWorld, but I think you have to be a marine biologist to do that. Umm.... Do you water ski? If you don't mind the crocs....

How about something at Universal Studios?
+Quote Post
JayBaen
post Mar 21 2009, 10:39 PM
Post #5

Lord

Group: Admin
Member No.: 3

If only professional gaming was a viable option, eh?

If you weren't getting desparate, and had your choice - what would you want to do?

JB

--------------------
Yellow Is Golden

DelphiGT

"There's nothing in this universe that can't be explained. Eventually." -- House, M.D.
+Quote Post
*HAMSTAR*
post Mar 22 2009, 02:43 AM
Post #6

Master

Well with all the short films I do I'd probably want anything in the film industry. Otherwise something fitness oriented. Basically since I am majoring in film and minoring in person training I'd want a job that could help assist and contribute to either of those careers.

--------------------
user posted image
<<~**/-/amstaR**~>>
+Quote Post

Topic Options
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 12:02 AM