[ Outline ] · Standard · Linear+

Reloaded Mod 1.3 Preview, new cVars

JayBaen
post Dec 20 2003, 08:40 PM
Post #1

Lord

Group: Admin
Member No.: 3

Well ... I thought firstly that I'd start using this forum for what I originally intended it for ... discussion about server creation, upkeep and admining.

You'll notice that I've recently added our Outcast server configs for download and discussion. In addition, we here at RJ have been doing our part to support the community of users of the Vulcanus based Admin Mod "Academy Mod" for Outcast and its more recent cousin "Academy Mod Reloaded" for Jedi Academy (JK3). We're fortunate that it's author, Mike "TheChosenOne," is a very friendly recipient to email and suggestions. I've recently tugged on his ear to get his thoughts on a few changes that seem to be plaguing most clan's issues with Academy, mainly ForceRegen and its tie to saber combat and the ability to change (easily) the cVars that alter hit-detection.

Here are some snippets from a couple of recent emails between the mod's creator and yours truly (edited for clarity):

JayBaen: I did have an idea/request for you to ponder. It may not be possible with the SDK to make this change, but it would solve an issue I have with the way ForceRegen is working in Academy vs. Outcast, esp. in regards to Dueling. (snip) Would it be possible for you to ADD another CVAR?

g_ForceRegenTimeDuel “X”

With this setting, it would seem to ‘bridge the gap.’ One could set an overall ForceRegen time for the server (g_ForceRegenTime “75”) that allows for quick regen, while keeping the regen at default (g_ForceRegenTimeDuel “200”) for Dueling. This way, the community at large could visit any server and know that the dueling was consistent (if set to be so by the admin) while having the luxury of quick ForceRegen for getting around a map.

TheChosenOne: Great idea. I already implemented it into 1.3 code and it works great. Keep ‘em coming!!

JayBaen: It seems that they’ve changed the opening character on a couple of CVARs in order to ‘protect’ them from accidental use. At least, it seems this way … and from the reloaded.cfg that you ship standard in 1.0, I’m not sure if you’ve caught the change yet.

One of my favorite CVARs to change was:

g_SaberAlwaysBoxTrace, with a setting of 1. It increased accuracy/collision by an immeasurable amount.

Of course, I’d love to change this in Academy to the same. But I can’t … why? … because the CVAR is now:

d_SaberAlwaysBoxTrace

and … if you try and change it, you are informed by the console that it can only be altered with Cheats Enabled. Boo.

Any thoughts?

TheChosenOne:

Done and done!!

I have disabled the Cheat Protection on the following cVars

//--Advanced Saber

// seta d_saberGhoul2Collision "0"

// seta d_projectileGhoul2Collision "0"

// seta d_perPlayerGhoul2 "0"

// seta d_saberBoxTraceSize "0"

// seta g_saberTraceSaberFirst "0"

// seta d_saberAlwaysBoxTrace "0"

You will see this in JA Reloaded 1.3

Thanks for the ideas and let me know if you need anything else J

So, don't think all our valuable time and thoughts are going to waste. Please get on in the Academy server and throw as many ideas our way as possible ... we will bend the ear of the guy who makes the changes ... biggrin.gif

JB

--------------------
Yellow Is Golden

DelphiGT

"There's nothing in this universe that can't be explained. Eventually." -- House, M.D.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Replies
InfiniteWarrior
post May 18 2004, 05:27 PM
Post #2

Emperor

Group: Members
Member No.: 20

Good question. I just tested out the moves. Should check that out, I suppose, but... nah. It's JA! user posted image

I've also been in contact with Orion, who released a new fix for JA 1.6 on the 16th. Should be up on JK2files soon. Anyone who wants it the meantime will find it here.

He also says that Reloaded is, indeed, still in development and that a new web site should also be arriving for it shortly.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Topic Options
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2024 - 02:43 PM