Farenheit 9/11, .

Ruggiero
post Jun 27 2004, 11:42 AM
Post #1

Lord

Group: Admin
Member No.: 2

Rugg's review:

Not trying to start a firestorm on an apolitical board full of Jedis, but definitely worth seeing.

R

--------------------
Oobawanga wata chopay polah.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
LPDarkJedi583
post Jun 27 2004, 12:21 PM
Post #2

Master

Group: Members
Member No.: 98

ok Rugg now im not the one who likes to argue but this is just messing with feelings of people

--------------------
user posted image
Forfeit the game / Before somebody else
Takes you out of the frame / Puts your name to shame
Cover up your face / You can’t run the race
The pace is too fast / You just won't last
+Quote Post
Ruggiero
post Jun 27 2004, 01:17 PM
Post #3

Lord

Did you see the movie?

R

--------------------
+Quote Post
InfiniteWarrior
post Jun 27 2004, 03:18 PM
Post #4

Emperor

Member No.: 20

http://www.thehill.com/news/062404/moore.aspx

And our democratic, freedom-lovin', power-to-the-people, speak your mind government gears up for its censorship campaign...
+Quote Post
Ruggiero
post Jun 27 2004, 04:15 PM
Post #5

Lord

Someone-- or many-- must be afraid, no?

R

--------------------
+Quote Post
Deacon
post Jun 28 2004, 07:57 AM
Post #6

Master

Group: -=RJ=-Clan
Member No.: 29

Now that article was just plain silly. I never see people get attacked like that unless somebody has something to lose... and THEN it's a big deal.

Even if they do ban the adds from running, that won't stop people from seeing the movie. If you want somebody to read or see something, simple tell them that they can't and then everyone will want to see it.

-Deacon

--------------------

=============================================

E .· ` ' / ·. F
Your tears fuel me.

Yellow is golden, but Red is quicker!
+Quote Post
Ruggiero
post Jun 28 2004, 09:03 AM
Post #7

Lord

e.g. "Don't throw me into the briar patch."

Am I the ONLY person on this board who has seen the flick?

R

--------------------
+Quote Post
Tyrannus
post Jun 28 2004, 02:31 PM
Post #8

Master

Group: -=RJ=-Clan
Member No.: 4

I plan to, Rugg.. eventually. You know, trying to get the nurses to let me out of the Old Folks' Home is tough nowadays..

--------------------
user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image
Tyrannus - Master of wit, and quite deadly with a saber. Truly a wonder.. or so the "Legend" goes..
+Quote Post
XeroSaber
post Jun 28 2004, 03:00 PM
Post #9

Master

Member No.: 15

hehe i dont plan on seeing it. never shall i waste 8 bux on a movie if its a documentary. seriously, its just a souped up ad campaign against bush. seeing as how i wont vote for bush anyway, ill keep my 8 bux and take ur advice that the movie was good. but as for my 8 bux, itd be better spent on White Chicks or Dodgeball, since that has entertainment value and it wont feel like im paying for a lesson in government! biggrin.gif
+Quote Post
Ruggiero
post Jun 28 2004, 04:09 PM
Post #10

Lord

QUOTE(XeroSaber @ Jun 28 2004, 03:00 PM)
hehe i dont plan on seeing it. never shall i waste 8 bux on a movie if its a documentary. seriously, its just a souped up ad campaign against bush.

**** getting on soap box ****

The Killing Fields, Hoop Dreams, Control Room, were all documentaries which are EXTREMELY important films both historically and for the national consciousness, and most definitely not a "waste" of money... Talk about a "waste" of money... White Chicks?! Come ON.

Don't you think you would be better served actually seeing the movie and making up your mind for yourself, rather than just repeating what others have said?

This media-rich world is turning people into parrots, not thinkers.

**** getting off soap box ****

Rugg

--------------------
+Quote Post
InfiniteWarrior
post Jun 28 2004, 05:56 PM
Post #11

Emperor

Member No.: 20

QUOTE(Deacon @ Jun 28 2004, 08:57 AM)
Now that article was just plain silly.  I never see people get attacked like that unless somebody has something to lose... and THEN it's a big deal.

Even if they do ban the adds from running, that won't stop people from seeing the movie.  If you want somebody to read or see something, simple tell them that they can't and then everyone will want to see it. 

-Deacon

It is silly, isn't it? You've summed up my sentiments exactly. I was planning to wait for it to come to cable, since I get the inside skinny on Middle Eastern thought regarding this subject at the lunch table every day wacko.gif - that and the fact that it's not hard to add up all the bits and pieces for yourself. But, the idea that I'm apparently not supposed to see it actually does gives it a slightly higher priority. Gee... I wonder why?! *ahem* smile.gif

I have a feeling, though, that the fallout from it will be even more interesting than the film itself. It's an ever-constant amazement to me that that media-machine Rugg speaks of still expects us to swallow whatever drivel it spews out. Admittedly, it does seem to work on some people... I even know a few. sad.gif But, unless your head is buried in the sand, it's painfully obvious what's really going on here and I think it's important that there be a record of it, no matter what your take.

I check back only to see if Rugg feels the irresistable urge to add his own thoughts on the subject to his recommendation. wink.gif
+Quote Post
XeroSaber
post Jun 28 2004, 06:37 PM
Post #12

Master

LOL, i didnt see any of those documentaries either. documentary shmentary. id much rather laugh my ass off than bore my ass off. biggrin.gif and why kick a dead horse by seein the movie? i already know bush is not a perfect president and thats all ill say about his reputation. I wont vote for him, nor for Kerry. i wont vote at all this year because all of our candidates SUCK. >.< so as i stated before, i shall keep my 8 bux and use them for my OWN personal entertainment and see White Chicks or Dodgeball, instead of pay that kinda money to sleep thru an obese, angry, biased, bitter, and lets not forget whiny man's movie about his own opinions and THEN become a parrot. biggrin.gif if i were to go watch his movie about his opinions THEN i would be a parrot. but i make up my mind on my own without the influences of a movie such as his and THAT makes me the one with the choices.
+Quote Post
Ruggiero
post Jun 28 2004, 08:05 PM
Post #13

Lord

Or... to paraphrase, you are making up your mind about the movie in ignorance.

GRR

My feelings about the flick:

Sure, it is polemic. But it also shows basic facts that the media does not report much, if at all. Facts which, to say the least, are illuminating. It also has certain beautifully filmed segments, and a number of very funny parts. Overall, taken as it is, the opposite side of the arguments the whitehouse puts forward, it is illuminating. Doubtless the truth lies somewhere between, but one wouldn't know that without knowing the range of the facts and possibilities.

Case in point:

Congress asks to see Bush's records from his ...ahem... "service" in the National Guard. Eventually, the White House, under pressure, puts them out, with a number of names deleted, for "security reasons."

However, unbenknownst to the White House, Moore has a copy of the same document. Un-censored.

The name that is deleted is of a longtime Bush friend who "served" (or was awol wink.gif ) with him in the guard.

Now. Who is this friend? Only the money manager for the BinLaden Family's 1.4 billion dollars of assets in Texas, who loaned Bush money to start his oil company.

Nothing necessarily incriminating in that fact, of course. Only that the White House deleted it. Why wouldn't they want you to know?

Rugg

--------------------
+Quote Post
XeroSaber
post Jun 28 2004, 08:11 PM
Post #14

Master

not in ignorance, cause i already know what the movie is about and what it will do. its a documentary meant to expose the "truth" about the Bush administration. the only reason its out there is to help get Bush outta office. this guy said in an interview that "We didnt even elect this guy as president" or somethin like that, meanin HE didnt want the pres in office. this is all Michael Moore's attempt to get the american people to thnk and act like him, which in turn makes US the puppets. i refuse to watch a movie that seems to be purely based on the ideas of one man. sure, alotta the stuff is true but when it all comes down to it, this is just a high dollar way of mudslinging at Bush. is our country stooping so low that we let the cinema decide who we elect next into office?? i refuse to watch this movie and i would like to give Michael Moore, though i may agree with him in many things, a piece of my mind and ask him to quit his bitching. biggrin.gif
+Quote Post
Ruggiero
post Jun 28 2004, 08:24 PM
Post #15

Lord

No comment.

--------------------
+Quote Post

3 Pages  1 2 3 >
Topic Options
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 08:45 AM