IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages < 1 2 

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Flying Spaghetti Monsterism., For all the Pastafarians.

InfiniteWarrior
post Dec 20 2005, 07:44 PM
Post #16

Emperor

Group: Members
Member No.: 20

In other words, it has no basis in fact. Yay! (Wouldn't it be great if the legal process didn't consume 3 1/2 trees to say that?) smile.gif

(Thanks, Rugg. I might have seen that today; might not. Good to know the system hasn't broken down completely. wacko.gif)

On to satire and a cautioning point of view that has nothing to do with here or there (trust me), but everything to do with the current climate in this country: A house divided against itself cannot stand.

With due respect to the argument that "one group of people is trying to establish a single set of values for all", I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that to concentrate on that is to look not nearly deep enough. That is nothing but a smokescreen - lying on the surface of things - designed to sway the _______ masses and deflect attention away from the real issue: Absolute power; absolute control.

We have politicians telling us that we should be happy to be in this mess because that's what God told us to do. Apologies to anyone who believes that is true, but I don't get the sense that anyone here does, so I'll continue on to the main point: To tilt at all members of any group, holding them and/or everything they hold dear in contempt and ridicule for what a faction of that group may (or more likely may not) be responsible for - borne out when one looks at the true, driving force(s) - is to tilt at windmills and (in case no one has noticed) is the very point at which "civilization" breaks down.

When the process works correctly, as it did in PA, a statement of absolute and undeniable fact (or a satire of the fundamental flaw in the argument) is far more likely to persuade far more people to perceive things as they really are. On the other hand, to hold people, their opinions or beliefs up to public mockery and ridicule is highly likely to have exactly the opposite effect.

~ Mom

P.S. By the by, if anyone thinks I'm personally offended by FSM, I'm not. My beliefs - which as we all know are just as heavily grounded in Native American and Eastern philosophy - are important to me, but are perfectly safe from noodley appendages. biggrin.gif
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
JayBaen
post Dec 21 2005, 06:13 PM
Post #17

Lord

Group: Admin
Member No.: 3

QUOTE(InfiniteWarrior @ Dec 20 2005, 08:44 PM)
Absolute power; absolute control.

... speaking of which.

Have we all been keeping up today with Mr. Bush's plans to *permanently (re)instate the Patriot Act* ... !! ... ??!! .. weoernwfiovhoi ... !lnfn31lnsliohlln !! .,///?? kfnf

!

JB

--------------------
Yellow Is Golden

DelphiGT

"There's nothing in this universe that can't be explained. Eventually." -- House, M.D.
+Quote Post
InfiniteWarrior
post Dec 21 2005, 10:00 PM
Post #18

Emperor

Group: Members
Member No.: 20

QUOTE(JayBaen @ Dec 21 2005, 07:13 PM)
!! ... ??!! .. weoernwfiovhoi ... !lnfn31lnsliohlln !! .,///?? kfnf

!

JB

Couldn't have said it better myself. biggrin.gif So... how long 'til the next election?
+Quote Post
JayBaen
post Jul 14 2011, 02:26 PM
Post #19

Lord

Group: Admin
Member No.: 3

--------------------
Yellow Is Golden

DelphiGT

"There's nothing in this universe that can't be explained. Eventually." -- House, M.D.
+Quote Post

2 Pages < 1 2
Topic Options
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th March 2024 - 09:57 PM