Questing In Elden Ring

InfiniteWarrior
post Jun 6 2023, 03:29 PM
Post #1

Emperor

Group: Members
Member No.: 20

Elden Ring Quests

Well...maybe...possibly...with the exception of the main quest. I...don't know. As has been said by others who play far more games than me, "It's From Software, so scr*** you." laugh.gif
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
JayBaen
post Jun 7 2023, 08:46 AM
Post #2

Lord

Group: Admin
Member No.: 3

QUOTE(InfiniteWarrior @ Jun 6 2023, 04:29 PM)
Elden Ring Quests

Well...maybe...possibly...with the exception of the main quest. I...don't know. As has been said by others who play far more games than me, "It's From Software, so scr*** you."  laugh.gif

Though I've not played Elden Ring - *every* other Baldur's Gate game, et. al. seem to follow the same course of dialogue/questing, since the early ones.

--------------------
Yellow Is Golden

DelphiGT

"There's nothing in this universe that can't be explained. Eventually." -- House, M.D.
+Quote Post
InfiniteWarrior
post Jun 18 2023, 01:40 PM
Post #3

Emperor

Group: Members
Member No.: 20

QUOTE(JayBaen @ Jun 7 2023, 09:46 AM)
QUOTE(InfiniteWarrior @ Jun 6 2023, 04:29 PM)
Elden Ring Quests

Well...maybe...possibly...with the exception of the main quest. I...don't know. As has been said by others who play far more games than me, "It's From Software, so scr*** you."  laugh.gif

Though I've not played Elden Ring - *every* other Baldur's Gate game, et. al. seem to follow the same course of dialogue/questing, since the early ones.

David Gaider has had some interesting things to say about that of late. Hopefully, it's a passing trend. I'm sure RPG players are pretty sick of utilitarian storytelling in video games today. Dark Souls games would probably be much better off with little to no "questing" at all. They're specifically designed around online PvP and co-op gameplay. So, why not run with that? I know they're trying to expand their audience, but I don't think they're going to rope in players familiar with good, old-fashioned RPGs that way.

EDIT: There is some good visual and environmental storytelling going on here and there. That's what Bethesda excels at as well. But questing? Yipes.
+Quote Post

Topic Options
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 10:41 AM