Aoshi Shinomori, Help!

TheBeast
post Jan 17 2004, 11:10 AM
Post #16

Master

Group: -=RJ=-Clan
Member No.: 12

A bit off topic:

I feel like this could be really interesting... having a new admin mod, that could support a sword mod or something like that... but we might hurt a rodian's feeling... that so like the fact that this game is aout Star Wars and not Final Fantasy smile.gif

- Beast

--------------------
"Separately, woman and alcohol can be quite fun... but when you mix them, they can make you a dumbass"

- Red, That's 70's Show :)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
JayBaen
post Jan 17 2004, 02:16 PM
Post #17

Lord

Group: Admin
Member No.: 3

We can't please everyone .. wink.gif

However, there are plenty of other benefits of having custom hilts and such that are Starwarsian and aren't built into the game as shipped ... much like the skins we create.

I'm going to start digging again. It's been awhile since I've looked for what's out there.

JB

--------------------
Yellow Is Golden

DelphiGT

"There's nothing in this universe that can't be explained. Eventually." -- House, M.D.
+Quote Post
XeroSaber
post Jan 17 2004, 03:46 PM
Post #18

Master

Group: Members
Member No.: 15

i liked omnimods hilts, but i heard about the backdoor which is a bad thing, so thats a no go. but the hilts were cool. u could have two sabers, a twin saber, or even two twin sabers. they had new specials as well (AM TAUNTS modified) and the grappling hook and jetpack were fun. also, the hilts had one that let one saber be normal, and the second be backwards. hard to explain. just say the blade faced backwards basically, and looked really cool. if there is a mod out there to do this without jepoardizing the servers security, that would be cool. but if not, im cool with the one we run now. smile.gif (except maybe sometimes Terminator would spice things up, but if not i just go to the dragon server to use guns;) )
+Quote Post
Tyrannus
post Jan 17 2004, 04:06 PM
Post #19

Master

Member No.: 4

We could always just use a mod that allowed these things (similar to Xero's request, but I'm not sure I liked that mod.. ). Dueler's Mod or JediMod 1.2 would be great, for they are simple mods with basically grapple, custom saber blades, and hilt "skins" as additions. (More to describe JediMod.. didn't Dueler's have Jetpacks?) Anywho.. something like that would work, if we were so inclined as to adding things without any real troubles or hassles rising.

--------------------
user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image
Tyrannus - Master of wit, and quite deadly with a saber. Truly a wonder.. or so the "Legend" goes..
+Quote Post
JayBaen
post Jan 17 2004, 05:40 PM
Post #20

Lord

Group: Admin
Member No.: 3

We'll move this discussion back to another forum ... back to Ashoshi ..

--------------------
Yellow Is Golden

DelphiGT

"There's nothing in this universe that can't be explained. Eventually." -- House, M.D.
+Quote Post
InfiniteWarrior
post Jan 17 2004, 06:51 PM
Post #21

Emperor

Member No.: 20

Or you could "split" the mod topic off to a post of its own. That way nothing in the way of mods gets lost. wink.gif Won't you lose all those nice admin commands using another mod, tho? Is it worth it to use swords and such that people can easily just download?

But then, a change of pace would be nice. :\
+Quote Post
Tyrannus
post Jan 18 2004, 01:30 PM
Post #22

Master

Member No.: 4

Indeed.. a little jolt every once and a while keeps you on your feet. And .. your heart from stopping .. again. dry.gif

--------------------
user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image
Tyrannus - Master of wit, and quite deadly with a saber. Truly a wonder.. or so the "Legend" goes..
+Quote Post
InfiniteWarrior
post Jan 18 2004, 04:11 PM
Post #23

Emperor

Heh. "Master of Wit". biggrin.gif

I just noticed a brand new JA+ Mod located here that you might want to look into for the JA server as well. It says that the DFAs have been changed along with a slew of other things - and I do mean a slew.

Worth a look see, anyway.

EDIT ===

NVM. It's a complete rip-off of JAR. rolleyes.gif
+Quote Post
InfiniteWarrior
post Jan 20 2004, 08:17 PM
Post #24

Emperor

Little Aoshi update.... Beast has already come through with yet another new version of the model. (Thank you! Thank you! Perfect!)

I think I've made all the necessary changes to the coat - a belt, a backflap and a little work on the top of the shoulders. I also gave him his trademark frown and a bit of a new hairdo. Hair's still a mess, tho. sad.gif Okay, I'm workin' on it!

I know I have yet to extend his pants over his shoes. But, if you have any other suggestions for him, post it now... PLEASE! biggrin.gif

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
TheBeast
post Jan 21 2004, 09:47 AM
Post #25

Master

you should really do his trenchcoat 'collar' thinige... in orange and such... smile.gif

It would give him something more... than just a regular trenchcoat... which is cool anyway though smile.gif

- Beast

--------------------
"Separately, woman and alcohol can be quite fun... but when you mix them, they can make you a dumbass"

+Quote Post
InfiniteWarrior
post Jan 21 2004, 05:58 PM
Post #26

Emperor

Thank you, Beastie. Great idea. I'm trying to pull that off on the little lapels that stick out in front there. It didn't work too well on the coat itself - too flat. First I have to find out where the rest of that is coming from. Then, I'll take it more toward orange as you suggested. You're right. That would give it a lot more contrast and interest, methinks.

I've been looking at that coat trying to figure out what else I'm missing. It occurs to me now....

There are no buttons! No button holes! No way for the poor guy to zip up when it's cold out. And judging by his hair, he just came in out of a pouring rain. dry.gif

Well, that's what I'm gonna tell everybody, anyway. smile.gif
+Quote Post
InfiniteWarrior
post Jan 24 2004, 09:54 PM
Post #27

Emperor

That collar.... Kinda like this? Also, I've been thinking about the team skin.

I really want to keep the coat the same color. He won't look like Aoshi otherwise. Make the outfit red and blue. (His pants will show from the back.) If so, should I also maybe put a team icon on one or the other shoulder of the backflap on that duster, you think? Hmmm.

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
TheBeast
post Feb 8 2004, 04:25 AM
Post #28

Master

Sorry Infi... I let this one slip... for some unbknown reason it did not show up as 'unread'... mad.gif

But for the 'team support'... I understand that you want to keep this coat the same color... what you could do, is:

- Get just a 'simmer' of a red/blue taint in his dark hair (keep the hair really dark, but give him some red/blue 'highlights' smile.gif)

- Change the colore of the outfit is good to (his sweater beneat the coat)

- Put a logo, or team 'symsols' on his back or shoulders

- Change the color of only the collar (from orange to red/blue)

I think that one or many of these idea put together would do the trick nicely for this skin...smile.gif

As always, let me know what you decided to do and post some screenies smile.gif

- Beast

--------------------

+Quote Post
InfiniteWarrior
post Feb 8 2004, 11:52 PM
Post #29

Emperor

All great ideas. Don't think I'll mess with the hair, tho. It's messy enough. smile.gif I'll give 'em a go, but he looks really lousy in game -- at least to me. I think I'll ask for some beta testers (on their own machines) to give me some insight. 'Cause as is... oi!

It's now for JA, also. The Requestor decided to uninstall JO. ohmy.gif We shall see.....
+Quote Post
InfiniteWarrior
post Feb 13 2004, 08:17 PM
Post #30

Emperor

He's not too bad, but I can do no more. Unfortunately, my best isn't good enough to make this one what it should be. That long cardboard hair layer that came with the Dante model has beaten me. The coat? Meh. The suit? Pff! Had it with that.

He won't be released unless and until he looks a whole lot better (and as much like Aoshi as possible). And that, my friends, will take far better talent. (That's not meant to be self-effacing. It's just fact. A good Aoshi cannot be a one-person project.) So, if you - or someone you know (who's a really good graphic artist) - cares to take a crack at it, I'll put it out there somewhere for a few other hands to work on a bit.

I really love this character now and I'm not even into Anime! biggrin.gif He must be perfect, I say! Or, no dice!
+Quote Post

2 Pages < 1 2
Topic Options
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 03:47 AM