[ Outline ] · Standard · Linear+

A Samurai Model, Yep... another project for the Beast

TheBeast
post Mar 23 2004, 01:28 PM
Post #1

Master

Group: -=RJ=-Clan
Member No.: 12

Well... because I'm waiting for something from Deacon and EQ (RJSkinPack related) *wink wink*... and I have some time on my hands... and also because I love the movie 'The Last Samurai'... and I think I'm the only one on this planet even liking it, and I don't quite understand why... maybe the fact that I didn't have the chance to watch 'Dances with Wolves' with Kevin Kostner has something to do with it... but hey... I think it 'owns' and even if I don't care if I'm the only one who thinks like that...tongue.gif

So... I bring to you a little screenie from ModView of an alpha version (and I mean alpha) of this 'Last Samurai' model. Don't be afraid... or confused... he looks like some 80's guys wearing fluo... but these are the texture directly from /d Studio Max... didn't work on them yet... so give it time.

Oh... and I just wanted to share... not expecting any comments smile.gif

- Beast

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image

--------------------
"Separately, woman and alcohol can be quite fun... but when you mix them, they can make you a dumbass"

- Red, That's 70's Show :)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Replies
TheBeast
post Aug 11 2004, 07:58 AM
Post #2

Master

Group: -=RJ=-Clan
Member No.: 12

All my project are still 'alive' in a way... I've been trying lately to come back to my old stuff... but it seems I lost my 'edge'... I've a harder time making it look beautiful... I don't know if it's because my skills have been deteriorating... or just because my standard have upped a little smile.gif

But... I'll be coming back to this one certainly... in time... and it's a bit more advanced than what you can see in the old screenie I posted... I've skinned the thigh plates, shoulder plates, bracers.

So all is left is the breast plate & knee plates... beside what is under the samurai's armor... but this part will be very easy... I,ll make it all a kind of dark fabric... to bring the attention on the armor itself.

I'll keep you posted... as always smile.gif

But seeing some kind of interest in this model bring it a little nearer to the top in my list of priorities tongue.gif

- Beast

--------------------
"Separately, woman and alcohol can be quite fun... but when you mix them, they can make you a dumbass"

- Red, That's 70's Show :)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Topic Options
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 02:28 PM