IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Something To Say, starting conversation :)

TheBeast
post Jul 24 2003, 02:35 PM
Post #1

Master

Group: -=RJ=-Clan
Member No.: 12

Well I just thouhgt that the "discussion" part of the forum wasnt getting much attention lately... so I just wanted to make a comment sa that we could start something... but I don,t have any idea so... here it goes

Explanation for my recent absece from the server:

As everyone knows (well the one that are on the server when I'm leaving...smile.gif)... I always say that I have homework to do... and it's true...smile.gif

I'm finishing shcool (university course in business and information technology) in like 10 days... so all the homwwork that I didn't do in the beggining of the summer are due in like a week and I,ve been trying to get them done (quite a difficult task for some of them smile.gif)

So when those 10 days are over...I'll only have 3 exams and them... no more shcool for life... man I just can't wait for that moment in my life... biggrin.gif

But that's about it... so say something and be happy m8s

- Beast

--------------------
"Separately, woman and alcohol can be quite fun... but when you mix them, they can make you a dumbass"

- Red, That's 70's Show :)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Butter-Bean
post Jul 24 2003, 02:55 PM
Post #2

Padawan

Group: Members
Member No.: 10

Good for you.. but I got to go to an online highschool and a regular highschool everyday and have to take online courses and such til the end of spring starting in about 13 days so I won't be showing up on the server much this year sad.gif

--------------------
B~B
+Quote Post
TheBeast
post Jul 24 2003, 04:02 PM
Post #3

Master

Well... This is bad tough...

you're going to take online courses ??? How come ??? is it a new program for High Shcool ??? Which courses will it be ??? (will be online ???)

Well I,m kind of interested... 'cause we've been talking about things like that in shcool (e-learning and the likes)... so tell me if you like it or not... what would you change and all.

Well remember to tell me when you start those online things... I'll be wery please of any answer or comments you would have on teh subject...smile.gif

--------------------
"Separately, woman and alcohol can be quite fun... but when you mix them, they can make you a dumbass"

+Quote Post
Butter-Bean
post Jul 24 2003, 06:08 PM
Post #4

Padawan

Member No.: 10

Its on a website called www.flvs.net (florida vursual school) I am taking English I, Biology, and american history. Basically I have contacted thses teachers which will give me a welcome call soon and talk with me and my parent about myself and such. then weekly or monthly they will call and just check-up on the students. meanwhile we goto this website log-in to our accounts and do our courses and can drop them whenever we want if the course is too hard or something. so I will be busy with that then I take my math class and a yearbook class at the other regular High school. I will keep you posted whe nI actually begin the class and find out about it.

--------------------
B~B
+Quote Post
InfiniteWarrior
post Jul 26 2003, 02:15 PM
Post #5

Emperor

Member No.: 20

QUOTE(TheBeast @ Jul 24 2003, 02:35 PM)
So when those 10 days are over...I'll only have 3 exams and then... no more school for life...

Dream on, man. wink.gif

If you're in IT, you're going to be taking brush-up courses 'til the day you die. I thought I was finished with school 17 (or so) years ago and now I'm so far behind the times, I'll have to rob a few liquor stores so I can go take some classes on the design-side myself.

You'll also be on call 24/7. Doesn't that sound fine? biggrin.gif

But seriously, best of luck to you. Hope you succeed beyond all expectations. ('Cause if you do, you'll be making a lot more money than I do. lol)
+Quote Post
TheBeast
post Jul 27 2003, 05:24 AM
Post #6

Master

Thx Infinite for the mega pep talk smile.gif

Yeah I kinda knew I was going to have to learn all my life about the "new things" in IT but I was in denial smile.gif ... it's just like fashion...theirs always something new and noboy know if it's going to stay until somebody important uses it smile.gif

What do you do exactly for a living Infitnite???

And I'm starting my own company... so for the money part... I think I'll be poor for a while longer smile.gif

- Beast

--------------------

+Quote Post
InfiniteWarrior
post Jul 27 2003, 02:38 PM
Post #7

Emperor

Member No.: 20

QUOTE(TheBeast @ Jul 27 2003, 05:24 AM)
Thx Infinite for the mega pep talk  smile.gif

-=LOL!=- My pleasure. biggrin.gif

Exactly (if not succinctly): I'm a designer of web interfaces for basic, PHP and ASP sites and run a (virtual) Unix hosting server for my company. This means I know just enough about the server side of things to know that's not a direction I care to go - great money or no. Too much responsibility, maybe. IDK. I mean, I sweat every change to the httpd.conf file. lol (Besides, I need lots of down time to bum around and have fun. smile.gif Perhaps I will settle someday.)

But I find I'm really not so bad at asthetics, which is in itself a lot of fun. I'm self-taught, tho. So if I do move my butt to get back in school, perhaps one day I will give 2advanced a run for their money. (Or not.)

At any rate, you've chosen a fine, lucrative and - okay - fun! field. You'll enjoy it. (Really!) -- As soon as the spam problem has abated somewhat. The biggest time-waster of all server-side configs. mad.gif *Go Spamhaus!*
+Quote Post
TheBeast
post Jul 27 2003, 10:20 PM
Post #8

Master

QUOTE(InfiniteWarrior @ Jul 27 2003, 02:38 PM)
[I mean, I sweat every change to the httpd.conf file. lol (Besides, I need lots of down time to bum around and have fun. smile.gif

I just know what you mean... smile.gif

I love computers, technology and the like but I'm just not one of those geek writing lines of codes and such... That's why I took (well take for the moment... 6 days left) course of business... So I can control people AND computers smile.gif

Well and about aesthetics... I admire you... I really have no talent for this kind of things... but I have good friends... he is self-thaught too and I came to realise that self-thaught designer are the best around (must be because you're simply not "bound" to anything).

And about the fun part... I think you're the first person who said to me that a job in IT would be fun !!! smile.gif I kinda knew (or maybe expected...biggrin.gif) but I hope all ill go well and after my company as started making money, I'll think the same way you do smile.gif

- Beast

--------------------

+Quote Post

Topic Options
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 10:01 AM