post Oct 29 2004, 07:01 AM
Post #1

Lord

Group: Admin
Member No.: 3

--------------------
Yellow Is Golden

DelphiGT

"There's nothing in this universe that can't be explained. Eventually." -- House, M.D.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Deacon
post Oct 29 2004, 11:56 AM
Post #2

Master

Group: -=RJ=-Clan
Member No.: 29

I was under the impression that these ballots were only count if the total number of ballots could make the difference in the results of the election.

Lot's of interesting things always pop-up before the election. Between this and the FBI investigation I can say that I'm really disappointed that both parties couldn't be more creative.

Bah I say... Bah!

-D

--------------------

=============================================

E .· ` ' / ·. F
Your tears fuel me.

Yellow is golden, but Red is quicker!
+Quote Post
Ruggiero
post Oct 29 2004, 11:57 AM
Post #3

Lord

Member No.: 2

60 000 ballots missing in a heavily democratic county? I SMELL A FRIGGING RAT.

--------------------
Oobawanga wata chopay polah.
+Quote Post
Deacon
post Oct 29 2004, 12:01 PM
Post #4

Master

Member No.: 29

Dude, you're Rodian... you're always smelling something tongue.gif

However, if you're implying that Bush had something to do with it I wouldn't agree. I think the Bush team has always been on the line in terms of legality... at least in the technical law. The ethical law is a different issue... IMHO more important, but still different.

-Deacon

--------------------

=============================================

E .· ` ' / ·. F
Your tears fuel me.

Yellow is golden, but Red is quicker!
+Quote Post
Ruggiero
post Oct 29 2004, 12:03 PM
Post #5

Lord

....And in Nevada.

...Couple this with Diebold (who makes the voting machines) being a huge republican donor, and rats abound.

The appearance of impropriety is impropriety itself. This HAS to be fair, and honest. If all votes go unaccounted for through GOP servers, etc. WITHOUT MONITORING OR ACCOUNTABILITY, it does nothing to help confidence in the electoral process, to say the least.

We are losing this country to big business. Even voting is suspect.

Take it back. VOTE.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Ruggiero
post Oct 29 2004, 12:05 PM
Post #6

Lord

QUOTE(Deacon @ Oct 29 2004, 12:01 PM)
I think the Bush team has always been on the line in terms of legality... at least in the technical law.  The ethical law is a different issue... IMHO more important, but still different.

Read the Nevada story. The registering company that threw out democratic registrations was financed in large part by the RNC.

It depends how you define team, deacon. If the RNC is part of the Bush team, which it de facto is, then if it does not break the law, it is financing lawbreakers.

Ruggiero

--------------------
+Quote Post
Ruggiero
post Oct 29 2004, 12:10 PM
Post #7

Lord

And This

And this.

AND THIS.

In Oregon, Pennsylvania and Nevada – all swing states – a Republican political consulting group called Sproul & Associates has been accused of passing itself off as a non-partisan or even a Democratic civic organization to collect voter registration applications outside libraries and supermarkets. In at least two instances now under criminal investigation, company employees have been accused of processing the applications of declared Republican voters while throwing the forms marked Democrat into the nearest rubbish bin. Sproul, which has received more than $600,000 (£330,000) from the Republican National Committee, has denied ever endorsing such practices. Still, the discarded voter registration forms have been paraded on television for all to see.

Rats? Yep.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Kyzene
post Oct 29 2004, 02:08 PM
Post #8

Master

Member No.: 13

Speaking of rats:

Heard from my US History teacher today that a some school out in the mid-west (I think) decided to have a "vote drive" of sorts, in order to get the eighteen year old that attended the school to vote. The problem was, was that this "vote drive" was put on by Kerry supporters (instead of non partisans). Maybe not a very big rat, but a rat none-the-less.

Ky

--------------------
There is no such thing as luck, only mistakes and the people that take advantage of them.

Play Wild Jedi CTF in JA.
Visit Chop Shop for crazy CTF action.
Become a Pastafarian.
+Quote Post
InfiniteWarrior
post Oct 30 2004, 01:07 PM
Post #9

Emperor

Group: Members
Member No.: 20

QUOTE(Ruggiero @ Oct 29 2004, 01:03 PM)
... it does nothing to help confidence in the electoral process, to say the least.

As it unfortunately lends credence to the argument that our votes count for nothing. What a joke.

<-- Dying for the whole charade to be over at this point.
+Quote Post
DaRkSiDe
post Oct 30 2004, 03:33 PM
Post #10

Master

Member No.: 70

Ok, I'v been reading all the stuff with Bush this and Kerry that. I just wanna get this off my chest,

Both candidates suck. My opinions lean twards Kerry, but seriously, both candidates this year are just horrible.

On one side, we have Bush. Ahh Bush, the power-hungry, oil-herding, rat-faced ass. When the nation went to code orange or yellow or whatever it is, we went over to the middle east to look for Bin Laden. A couple of months later, Bush declares war upon Iraq cause he supposedly had "Weaponns of Mass Desruction." It took us like 2 and a half years to find those weapons, and then, we finally find out that there are no weapons. WHAT THE HELL!!! I was flippin out when I first heard about that. In the meantime, Osama is probably hangin out at some awesome palace instead of Afganistan where all our troops are lookin for em! Also, when the Republican National Convention came around, he used terrorist actions to his advantage. Using the 9/11 event and other terrorist-affiliated events, he brought both rage and sorrow to 'republicans.' Oh yeah. I almost forgot. His decree on the "War on Terrorism." I'm just curious, how HE HELL do you fight TERRORISM?!?! Terrorism is'nt somthing you can fight. If we desroyed all the terrorists in the world, then does that mean that there will never be any more terrorism? It's impossible to destroy all terrorism in the world. There will always be someone who will replace a fallen terrorist. That person may be in the Middle East. Or that person is in Russia. Maybe England? How about in our own United States of Frigg'n America! Terrorism will NEVER be subdued. There will never be world peace, but Bush somehow thinks that, through force, we can stop all terrorism. Brute force can't create world peace, but you can't get that through Bush's frigg'n mind.

On the other side, we got the horse-faced, three-time Purple Heart winner, John Frigg'n Kerry. Since Kerry is kind of like the underdog next to Bush, he looks as if he's not really noticed as much as Bush. Bill Clinton is finally better, and is helpin out Kerry, so thats good. Finally, he's gettin some good advice from Clinton, even though Election Day is 3 FRIGG'N DAYS AWAY! Kerry, throughout his whole time campaigning, let Bush walk all over him. He was never assertive. When Bush did somthing to hurt Kerry, he just took it and did'nt do anything about it! Many Americans see him, as ###### Cheany likes to put it, as a '######.' These actions will definatly hurt Kerry when people are voting.

What we need is a president who has ideas from both sides. None of this Republican and Democratic ticket crap. We need someone who can control the nation. Someone who can keep an eye on what REALLY happens with the nation, tells the truth about whats currently happening durring a time where everyone is paranoid and suspicious of both the world and each other. Someone who has a positive view of the world and how it should be taken care of. Someone who can keep control in times of war, poverty, economic failure, or peace. Someone who does'nt listen to that, "Hey, don't do that kind of stuff! Only Republicans can do that!" or, "Only ###### Democratics do that kind of stuff for the world!" crap. Someone who is devoted to actually helping the world and not someone who is devoted to fighting terrorism.

Someone who is'nt a Liberal Weiner, or a Right-Wing Nut Job...

-DS

(Yeah, sorry about those curse words i typed in. I'm only 15, but I can use words more truthfully than all those impotent, political dolts.)

--------------------
*BLAM!* Worth dying for...
*BLAM!* ...Worth killing for...
*BLAM!* ...Worth going to Hell for...
...Amen.
+Quote Post
JayBaen
post Oct 30 2004, 04:24 PM
Post #11

Lord

Member No.: 3

One of the more "real" comments I've heard on the matter ... 15 or not.

By the way, I agree.

JB

(P.S. Sometimes a curse word, is the only way to say it).

--------------------
Yellow Is Golden

DelphiGT

"There's nothing in this universe that can't be explained. Eventually." -- House, M.D.
+Quote Post
Ruggiero
post Nov 1 2004, 04:32 PM
Post #12

Lord

QUOTE(DaRkSiDe @ Oct 30 2004, 03:33 PM)
What we need is a president who has ideas from both sides.  None of this Republican and Democratic ticket crap.  We need someone who can control the nation.  Someone who can keep an eye on what REALLY happens with the nation, tells the truth about whats currently happening durring a time where everyone is paranoid and suspicious of both the world and each other.  Someone who has a positive view of the world and how it should be taken care of.  Someone who can keep control in times of war, poverty, economic failure, or peace.  Someone who does'nt listen to that, "Hey, don't do that kind of stuff!  Only Republicans can do that!" or,  "Only ###### Democratics do that kind of stuff for the world!" crap.  Someone who is devoted to actually helping the world and not someone who is devoted to fighting terrorism.

Well put, DS.

I am not sure "control" is what I want from my president, but otherwise right on.

---Your Friendly Neighborhood Liberal Wiener.

--------------------
+Quote Post
XeroSaber
post Nov 4 2004, 05:44 PM
Post #13

Master

Group: Members
Member No.: 15

well maybe my cousin will be the one to do that for ya DS. my cousin Michael is going ot be running for governor of TX when he is of age, and will run for president at the right age as well. he is really committed to it and has a plan to do this all. he would rock as pres. biggrin.gif
+Quote Post

Topic Options
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 01:22 PM