Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Has Fo '76 Been Redeemed?

InfiniteWarrior
post Jun 26 2021, 04:52 PM
Post #1

Emperor

Group: Members
Member No.: 20

I'm sure we're all aware of the dumpster fire that was the concept and launch of Fallout '76. Lately, though, I've been hearing some good things about it even from old Fallout hands who either trashed it out of the gate or were just too nice to say anything about it.

You know me. I can't abide the idea of microtransactions in games, even if players aren't required to put down money for a game they've already bought in order to use the "shop." I'm not a fan of publishers making players grind for basics, either.

There are too many "influencers" around these days with questionable opinions on everything gaming to trust their reviews. (Sorry about that, influencers.) Your opinions, otoh, I trust.

Have any of you guys played FO '76 at all and/or recently enough to form an opinion?
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
InfiniteWarrior
post Oct 27 2022, 05:48 PM
Post #2

Emperor

Group: Members
Member No.: 20

QUOTE(InfiniteWarrior @ Jun 26 2021, 05:52 PM)
I'm sure we're all aware of the dumpster fire that was the concept and launch of Fallout '76. Lately, though, I've been hearing some good things about it even from old Fallout hands who either trashed it out of the gate or were just too nice to say anything about it.

You know me. I can't abide the idea of microtransactions in games, even if players aren't required to put down money for a game they've already bought in order to use the "shop." I'm not a fan of publishers making players grind for basics, either.

There are too many "influencers" around these days with questionable opinions on everything gaming to trust their reviews. (Sorry about that, influencers.) Your opinions, otoh, I trust.

Have any of you guys played FO '76 at all and/or recently enough to form an opinion?

Okay. I can't say it's been redeemed. It's still missing its heart and soul. But I have to hand it to Bethesda's employees. They worked their aspens off to stablize a game that probably required at least a year or two more development time. It looks great; runs great; and has some pretty awesome new features with which to experiment.

I can't recommend it because.... Well, because it's not Fallout. I am playing it for the moment, however. If anyone has a copy and cares to hit me up for an in-game party, I'm game. Same name.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Topic Options
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 07:11 AM