Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Wookiee Model

*HAMSTAR*
post Mar 11 2004, 09:46 PM
Post #1

Master

Group: -=RJ=-Clan
Member No.: 49

hey guys Here is a preview of my wookiee model. I need a few tips though. I can't make it a pk3 or get it ingame yet and I need to know how to remove chewie's belt. anyways tell me what you think so far.

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image

--------------------
user posted image
<<~**/-/amstaR**~>>
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
TheBeast
post Mar 11 2004, 11:17 PM
Post #2

Master

Member No.: 12

give us a bit more info here Ham

in what 'format' are you working on him ???
(Are you making some modeling ???, are you just skinning him ???)

Do you want to include botfiles, customs sounds, etc. ???

Refering to my first question... do you want to 'delete' the belt (hard way) or just 'hide' it (easy way) ???

The easiest way... would be to edit his model_default.skin file and change

torso_belt, models/players/lowbacca/torso_belt.tga

to

torso_belt, *off

(btw, I'm assuming that the belt part is named like this (torso_belt)... you could always load this baby up in ModView and see in the first section (I have a blank... I think it's "structure")... and click on everyone of them until you find the belt.)

give me answers to those question and we could help you get this wookie in game.

- Beast

--------------------
"Separately, woman and alcohol can be quite fun... but when you mix them, they can make you a dumbass"

- Red, That's 70's Show :)
+Quote Post
*HAMSTAR*
post Mar 12 2004, 09:08 AM
Post #3

Master

I am using Photoshop 7

I am not doing any modeling just gonna try to make his face look a little different.

For the belt (bandolier) I don't care how I am gonna do this I just want it to be gone or invisible where I am't even tell it's there.

and I am having trouble getting the file into a PK3. to get it ingame.

I think I can handle the rest thanks.

--------------------
user posted image
<<~**/-/amstaR**~>>
+Quote Post
TheBeast
post Mar 12 2004, 09:46 AM
Post #4

Master

Ok Ham... for the bandolier... use the technique I explained in my first post

The easiest way... would be to edit his model_default.skin file and change

torso_belt, models/players/lowbacca/torso_belt.tga

to

torso_belt, *off

(btw, I'm assuming that the belt part is named like this (torso_belt)... you could always load this baby up in ModView and see in the first section (I have a blank... I think it's "structure")... and click on everyone of them until you find the belt.)

As for the trouble of getting it in a pk3... what kind of trouble are you having ???

- Are you having trouble making the pk3 or making a pk3 work in game ???
- Do you have your pk3 'folder structure' ???
- Are you using winzip to make the pk3 ???
If you are did you check the option 'keep folder structure' (maybe it's something like folder, subfolders
something) and unchecked the option to 'save the entire path' ???

- Beast

--------------------
"Separately, woman and alcohol can be quite fun... but when you mix them, they can make you a dumbass"

+Quote Post
*HAMSTAR*
post Mar 12 2004, 11:06 AM
Post #5

Master

I am using winzip but when I zip it, its never a pk3. I think I know what to do I will post again this afternoon and tell you if anything happens. thanks happy.gif

--------------------
user posted image
<<~**/-/amstaR**~>>
+Quote Post
TheBeast
post Mar 12 2004, 03:04 PM
Post #6

Master

well... if you are using winzip... it IS supposed to make a ZIP files.

you just have to rename it to a yourfilename.PK3.

- Beast

--------------------

+Quote Post
*HAMSTAR*
post Mar 12 2004, 03:33 PM
Post #7

Master

renaming won't help I need to change the .zip to .pk3 and I can't find out how anywhere, if I rename it to Lowbacca.pk3 it is really Lowbacca.pk3.zip please tell me exactly how you do it, what version you use and where to place it. sad.gif

--------------------
user posted image
<<~**/-/amstaR**~>>
+Quote Post
InfiniteWarrior
post Mar 12 2004, 06:34 PM
Post #8

Emperor

Group: Members
Member No.: 20

A zip file and a pk3 are really no different. They're just both compressed archives. Browse to the file, right-click on it and change "zip" to "pk3".

When you use WinZip, just add the extension .pk3 onto the filename when you save it so that WinZip doesn't add an extension (.zip) for you. wink.gif
+Quote Post
*HAMSTAR*
post Mar 12 2004, 07:28 PM
Post #9

Master

thx abunch but now my model looks like this! blink.gif do I need to keep any old files from the original model besides the model.glm?

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image

--------------------
user posted image
<<~**/-/amstaR**~>>
+Quote Post
InfiniteWarrior
post Mar 12 2004, 08:05 PM
Post #10

Emperor

Yes. Open up a custom skin file you've downloaded and you'll see the directory structure and assorted files your skin must have.

You need all the jpeg files (or .tga) that make up the texture of his skin - the furry part. wink.gif And, you'll need his default.skin and team skin files. And, you'll need his bot files (.bot and .jkb) if you want to provide him with bot support. And, you'll need all your sound files IF (and only if) you plan to customize them in any way. From your first screen, looks like you have most or all of that. Now, you just need to customize them and zip all of them up in your .pk3.

Most custom skin files will have four directories: "botfiles", "models", "scripts" and "sounds" - IF you're customizing his sounds. If not, there will just be a sound file (sounds.cfg) to include that calls Chewie's default sounds. If he has a shader file, you may have one more: "shaders".

In the "models" directory, you'll have 2 subdirectories: "players/YOUR_MODEL_NAME". All his texture files, skin files and model.glm will be there. The .bot will be in "scripts" and the .jkb (which is the bot's personality) will be in "botfiles".

I'll stop there and let you check to make sure you have all that. Then, we'll pick up from there. Remember, if you're not customizing sounds, you only need his "sounds.cfg" file, NOT the sounds themselves.
+Quote Post
*HAMSTAR*
post Mar 12 2004, 09:37 PM
Post #11

Master

I don't want to alter the sounds... yet. It shows up ingame now but instead of typing /model lowbacca I have to type /model lowbacca/default_lowbacca. anyways now all I need to do it figure out how to get the shaders to work or else he looks like he does in the frist picture. when thats done and I tinker with the belt I will release a beta.

P.S. Beast + Infinite = my god of the computer world biggrin.gif

--------------------
user posted image
<<~**/-/amstaR**~>>
+Quote Post
InfiniteWarrior
post Mar 13 2004, 02:16 AM
Post #12

Emperor

I have to type /model lowbacca/default_lowbacca...

Sounds like you've put the default skin in yet another subdirectory of "lowbacca". IF the player directory is "models/players/lowbacca", just name the default "default.skin" and put all your texture files and model.glm in model/players/lowbacca. Then you should just be able type 'model lowbacca' to bring it up.

I'm guessing a lot. But, try it anyway. wink.gif The other directories ("botfiles", "scripts" and "shaders") would be outside the /models directory - all top-level themselves ... when you get to that.
+Quote Post
*HAMSTAR*
post Mar 13 2004, 01:20 PM
Post #13

Master

alright now he is ingame but his icon is black when I select it and it's at the very end of the selection instead of the front.
The other directories ("botfiles", "scripts" and "shaders") would be outside the /models directory - all top-level themselves
I had those directories next to the models one but only sound would work. Do I need to rename them or something?

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image

--------------------
user posted image
<<~**/-/amstaR**~>>
+Quote Post
InfiniteWarrior
post Mar 13 2004, 01:39 PM
Post #14

Emperor

What exactly doesn't work?

Make sure the player icon is a jpeg and about 256x256 pixels. Also, check the .bot file in Notepad or Wordpad and make sure the model name and path to the personality file is correct.
+Quote Post
*HAMSTAR*
post Mar 13 2004, 06:13 PM
Post #15

Master

the shader that makes the fur furry isn't working, do I just need to rename it? it was wookiee.shader and it didn't work so I renamed it Lowbacca.shader and it still doesn't work. oh and any clues on what the program that lets you choose a camera angle is called so I can make a good shot for my icon?

--------------------
user posted image
<<~**/-/amstaR**~>>
+Quote Post

2 Pages  1 2 >
Topic Options
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 06:01 PM