Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Skinning Help!, Keep Getting Bad .tga

DarkSykes
post Jan 31 2004, 09:19 PM
Post #1

Jedi

Group: Members
Member No.: 72

Greetings.. Rj and Greetings anyone else who is reading..

I have been skinning up a storm latly and i always worked my way around this problem now its in my way again..

I am Currently Working on Leela_Jedi.pk3 Skin I would like to change the hair color from Brown to Blonde. When I change the Hair Color and save. I load the Hair.tga into the pk3 Enter it into my base.. and Start up JO. switch to the modified skin, I get disconnected from server.. and Recieve Bad tga and the message shows the path of my image. I am using Jasc Paint Shop Pro 8. I also have Paint Shop Pro 7. If Anyone can tell me how to make a compatible TGA so i can modify tga's without always having to convert them to .jpg that would be great. Reason i cannot covert now is because the hair file im modifying is a special hair do(reference to Yuna of Final Fantasy X) when i change it to JPG the rest of the hair that should be transparent appears and the shape is lost. If no one understands me let me know lol i will try to get some pictures of what i mean.. if you do understand and can help PLZ PLZ PLZ help... This Model has the coolest hair ever.. unsure.gif

Thanks happy.gif
sykes

--------------------
user posted image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
InfiniteWarrior
post Feb 1 2004, 01:09 PM
Post #2

Emperor

Member No.: 20

Convert to jpeg...? Does Paintshop Pro not come with the ability to view/edit targa files? You should be able to open it make your changes and save it again as .tga w/o converting anything.

Otherwise, this sounds very familiar. I had the same issue with a jpeg file and it turned out the thing was just too degraded. If you can save as targa, save it at 32 bit and see what happens. It's a bigger file, but perhaps the one you have is just over-compressed.
+Quote Post
DarkSykes
post Feb 1 2004, 02:48 PM
Post #3

Jedi

Thanks Inifinite lemme post exactly what message i get maybe you can tell me what i need to do.. better.. user posted image

unsure.gif unsure.gif unsure.gif

--------------------
user posted image
+Quote Post
TheBeast
post Feb 2 2004, 11:01 AM
Post #4

Master

Group: -=RJ=-Clan
Member No.: 12

I'm not quite sure about what I,m gonna say... but it might be the cause of the problem in some twisted way smile.gif

Btw... if you could post your TGA file (convert it to JPG for it take less space), I think it would help.

So... Depending on the technic you used to change the color of the hair...

Using a technic similar to the one I use (Using another layer of yellow and then turning the 'blend mode' to color). Then you may have some problem becuase I think that TGA file can support layers (which is not the case of jpg files) and JK2 does not.

But maybe it's something else, in the fact that there is something going with the WHITE color in the hair.tga file of the leela jedi. I think it has something to do white transparency... so again if you used a technic similar to mine (new layer of yellow), then the white may now be some whitish yellow and JK2 is just not accepting that for a unknow reason.

I hope this help

- Beast

--------------------
"Separately, woman and alcohol can be quite fun... but when you mix them, they can make you a dumbass"

- Red, That's 70's Show :)
+Quote Post
TheBeast
post Feb 2 2004, 11:25 AM
Post #5

Master

OK... here is what I,ve done in like 5 or 10 min (including testing in JK:JA, because JK2 doesn't make the white tranparent for unkown reason)

I could always send you my hair.psp file so you would see how I proceed... you couls also change what you think is right, and just save this over the hair.tga file in the Leela jedi folder... and you'll be alright.

btw... this hair is not looking that good (some contrast should be added and it is also depending on how blond you want her to be smile.gif ), but it was only to show that theorically you should encounter any problems.

- Beast, thinking that sometimes, searching for the problem is taking longer that redoing the thing altogheter smile.gif (something I learned in my line of work biggrin.gif)

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image

--------------------
"Separately, woman and alcohol can be quite fun... but when you mix them, they can make you a dumbass"

+Quote Post
DarkSykes
post Feb 2 2004, 12:14 PM
Post #6

Jedi

Here is my Hair file.. i posted as a .jpg as you requested...

My Hair Image... In Jpg Format

The Method i used.. was diffrent.. I use my magic wand selected the white area... Then inverted selection... so i was all around my hair peices.. Then I went to Adjust - Hue/Saturation - Colorize.. got my yellow 40/255.. then i went to brightness/contrast and adjusted it to that color by eye... saved and loaded it up.. but no work.. maybe im doing it totally wrong.. normally i dont have problems with any other files.. its just the Tga.. i always have trouble with...

--------------------
user posted image
+Quote Post
DarkSykes
post Feb 2 2004, 12:41 PM
Post #7

Jedi

I been using Paint Shop pro 8... Ima try ur blend technique with 7

--------------------
user posted image
+Quote Post
TheBeast
post Feb 2 2004, 01:50 PM
Post #8

Master

Well... I looked at your Hair file... and I think it's OK... so I don't really know what the problem was.

But... btw... I use PaintShop Pro 7.

- Beast

--------------------

+Quote Post
DarkSykes
post Feb 2 2004, 01:58 PM
Post #9

Jedi

Yay i got it to work... if its ok.. when i finish doing the entire outfit.. i would like to post a screenie of it so you can see how youve helped me smile.gif smile.gif happy.gif happy.gif happy.gif Big Blue genious thx beast...

--------------------
user posted image
+Quote Post
TheBeast
post Feb 2 2004, 03:10 PM
Post #10

Master

No problem... and DO post that screenie... I,m always interested in seeing new thing... and even more when it is a female skin smile.gif

Infi: I downloaded that Leela Model... it's cool... the real name being 'All purpose Female model' it's got everything you need... even a skirt (Mini, normal or long)... but when I saw that, I tested it, and I'm still proud of what I've done because mine is animated properly... The Leela's has problem with butt showing when doing certain move...smile.gif

this model have given me an idea... I think I'll continue working on mine, being all weighted and all... every addition will be a breeze. And I want to do a long dress... and this will help me work on this Samurai outfit for Viminos if I ever decide to go for something like this smile.gif

So check this model out if you didn't already... cool.gif

- Beast

--------------------

+Quote Post
InfiniteWarrior
post Feb 2 2004, 07:17 PM
Post #11

Emperor

Member No.: 20

Sykes: Yay! Please post those screenies soon. I can't wait to see them.

Beast: Yes. I've been waiting for this model with baited breath for months...it's been in development for over a year. It also went way beyond the mature look it had originally - (Oi! I feel so old saying that!) - and regressed in age by some 15 or 20 years. So, I doubt I'll skin for it. In fact, after Aoshi, I doubt I'll ever skin again. dry.gif

It is a fantastic model, tho. I can't wait to see the skins being made for it.

I am, otoh, fairly excited at the ideas you're getting for your model, as it has the perfect look for skirted skins. I'll just, uh, bide my time for those, tho. wink.gif
+Quote Post
DarkSykes
post Feb 2 2004, 07:34 PM
Post #12

Jedi

well here.. is my skin... i dont know if ima add anything yet... its according to the new clan colors im going to have.... hope its good.. happy.gif happy.gif
user posted image

--------------------
user posted image
+Quote Post
Equanimity
post Feb 2 2004, 08:13 PM
Post #13

Master

Member No.: 27

That's a NICE skin, Sykes. Congratulations on a nice piece of work. smile.gif

--------------------
Equanimity

Commitment is the first step to excellence, and excellence but the first step to perfection.
+Quote Post
OneWingAngel
post Feb 2 2004, 08:20 PM
Post #14

Master

Member No.: 7

Here, Here Very Nice! Let's Here It For The Sykmister
+Quote Post
TheBeast
post Feb 2 2004, 08:35 PM
Post #15

Master

Nice Skin DarkSykes... very nice.

But I would go for a 'dark blonde' look to get those details in the hair to stand out a bit more.

And also, did you take your screenshot in JK2 or JKA ???

- Beast

--------------------

+Quote Post

2 Pages  1 2 >
Topic Options
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 03:37 AM