Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Old Is New Again

InfiniteWarrior
post Oct 3 2019, 11:39 PM
Post #1

Emperor

Group: Members
Member No.: 20

Hi guys! Just another ghostrider checking in. So....

What are you playing now? Recommendations?

I'm personally avoiding most publishers and games these days for obvious reasons. After all, anything not created and produced by CDProjektRed has become rather suspect, hasn't it? laugh.gif

Ergo, I have resurrected, polished up and profusely modded some of the old classics, e.g. the Fallout series, and am especially into New Vegas at the moment. (Just have to cruise through the DLC before heading to the dam on that one.) Also hope to get around to the Metro series, eventually, but am presently playing Enderal, a game-in-itself mod built atop Skyrim's creation engine.

Would also love to play Red Dead Redemption 2. (I mean... look at this!) Horse bonding?! Awesome! Can you see me spending all my time with the horse? (Don't answer that. nod.gif) Who needs botched robberies and social drama when you can outfit, feed, brush and ride the horse to your heart's content? (Edit: Oh! And hunting, fishing, camping, harvesting, cooking and crafting, of course.)

The chances of it coming to PC grow slimmer by the day, though. Blast your pandering to consoles, Rockstar! doh.gif
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
DarcWolf
post Oct 4 2019, 12:36 AM
Post #2

Master

Member No.: 142

I've been primarily playing GTA 5 and WoW. I have GTA 5 on the ps3 and the pc, though I haven't done any gaming on my ps3 in over 2 years now.

My clan is spread across a few games, and haven't done much gaming together as a clan, with the exception of a few times in recent months.

--------------------
Council and Ambassador for Rising Order [-RO-]
+Quote Post
InfiniteWarrior
post Oct 4 2019, 05:17 AM
Post #3

Emperor

QUOTE(DarcWolf @ Oct 4 2019, 01:36 AM)
I've been primarily playing GTA 5 and WoW.  I have GTA 5 on the ps3 and the pc, though I haven't done any gaming on my ps3 in over 2 years now.

Wow. WoW. Haven't heard that name in a while. A few of the Revelstoners moved on to WoW, but it was subscription-based, so a no-go for me. GTA just never really appealed to me, but from what I've heard, I may be missing out.

My clan is spread across a few games, and haven't done much gaming together as a clan, with the exception of a few times in recent months.

Awesome that you still get together at all. Last time I met up with some 'Stoners was in L4D2. And RJ? Man.... Has it really been that many years? nod.gif

Only met your clan once or twice -- during the holidays way back when, iirc. Good to see you're still around.

+Quote Post
InfiniteWarrior
post Oct 7 2019, 12:55 AM
Post #4

Emperor

Well, well. Would you look at that.

Rockstar just announced RDR2 will be released for PC on November 5 biggrin.gif ...via its own game launcher sad.gif .

The launcher wars continue....
+Quote Post
DarcWolf
post Oct 7 2019, 01:57 AM
Post #5

Master

QUOTE(InfiniteWarrior @ Oct 6 2019, 10:55 PM)
Well, well. Would you look at that.

Rockstar just announced RDR2 will be released for PC on November 5  biggrin.gif ...via its own game launcher  sad.gif .

The launcher wars continue....

GTA can be a pain, when there's modders in it, but it can also be fun. I know that they expanded tons, from where is was on the ps3/xbox 360. I was getting more and more frustrated, when they kept pushing the release date for the pc, but have been enjoying it.

It has been a very long time since I've even met up with any of your clan in any servers from back in the days. I know there's still some JKA servers going. I was in on earlier this year, kept hitting some of my binds, forgetting what they were. I do have a cheat sheet or two, for my various binds. lol

I saw that jk2, has received some new breath to it, with it being released on the ps4. However, I don't have that console, and would most likely be disappointed in it, from having played it for so long on the pc.

As far as RDR2, some of us that have been playing GTA 5 in that branch of RO, are thinking about getting the game, once it's released on the pc.

--------------------
+Quote Post
InfiniteWarrior
post Oct 7 2019, 10:24 AM
Post #6

Emperor

Not just thinking about getting RDR2. Definitely will, if humanly possible, but won't be playing Red Dead Online.

At least they didn't make it exclusive to their own launcher. It'll come to Steam in December. Since I have Metro lined up, I suppose I can wait for a Steam sale...whether I want to or not. Really hyped to go camping in that gorgeous, "rich ecosystem." Guess I'll have to pull off a few robberies with Dutch and gang to make enough money to customize a saddle; buy Arcadia some treats, tonics, brush, etc.; but what the hay. : )

Watched a few episodes of a Let's Play to get a feel for it without too many spoilers, but the guy skipped out on all the intricacies and just rushed from objective to objective as fast he could...with a hundred or so horse crashes into rocks and trees along the way. lol (That alone was worth it. Hope he never owns one in irl! lol)

Really impressed with the thought and effort the devs put into the minute details, e.g. snow falling from trees when you brush past them; various shaders changing the look of the characters and their clothes depending on the circumstances; etc. Most studios would overlook or ignore all those details unconcerned whether the player would notice. Just incredible. Of course, some YouTubers couldn't resist putting out videos of "20 Insane Details in RDR2," part I, II, III.... Probably worth a gander as well, if interested in that sort of thing.
+Quote Post
DarcWolf
post Oct 9 2019, 04:18 PM
Post #7

Master

Even though it became available to preorder from their game launcher this morning, it's still not available to preorder on Amazon yet. So, I'll have to wait until it's available there. Being paid once a month, due to being on disability sucks. lol

I typically will build up a little balance on Amazon over time, so that way, I can afford some of these new games or any parts for my tower, if I have to upgrade anything.

--------------------
+Quote Post
InfiniteWarrior
post Oct 9 2019, 11:14 PM
Post #8

Emperor

QUOTE(DarcWolf @ Oct 9 2019, 05:18 PM)
Even though it became available to preorder from their game launcher this morning, it's still not available to preorder on Amazon yet.  So, I'll have to wait until it's available there.   Being paid once a month, due to being on disability sucks.  lol

I typically will build up a little balance on Amazon over time, so that way, I can afford some of these new games or any parts for my tower, if I have to upgrade anything.

Oh! You had to mention "upgrade." Well...my hard drive is failing. lol So -- by some miracle -- I managed to wrangle a new one and -- by yet some other miracle -- managed to wrangle a HD case that I hope I can use to transfer all my progress on the heretofore mentioned games to the new one. (Not that the new one is all that great, you understand.)

I did upgrade the memory and, uh, video card a few years ago. (Would rather have two video cards, but you know.) Managed to make it through both Fallout 4 and The Witcher 3, regardless. No doubt, though, my motherboard is screaming at this point!

Hang in there, dude! We'll make it yet.
+Quote Post
DarcWolf
post Oct 10 2019, 01:27 AM
Post #9

Master

Back in August, had a hard drive failure, and had to replace it, along with getting the OS reinstalled. I don't have the dvd burning or playing software back yet, and only a fraction of the games reinstalled. I did get a new video card for my birthday, after the hard drive was replaced.

I've been putting off actually getting a 2nd hard drive, to install gamins and such on. My C drive is a 1 TB drive. The one that failed, was down to about 30 GB left, which is why I've been looking at a 2nd drive, and haven't replaced all my games yet. lol

--------------------
+Quote Post
InfiniteWarrior
post Oct 17 2019, 11:03 PM
Post #10

Emperor

QUOTE(DarcWolf @ Oct 10 2019, 02:27 AM)
I've been putting off actually getting a 2nd hard drive, to install gamins and such on.   My C drive is a 1 TB drive.  The one that failed, was down to about 30 GB left, which is why I've been looking at a 2nd drive, and haven't replaced all my games yet.  lol

Second drive.... Yep, yep, yep. If the gaming industry keeps going like this, we'll need a rack of hard drives to keep up.

RDR2 comes in at a staggering 150 GBs. : o

Good thing we're in terabyte territory at this point?
+Quote Post
DarcWolf
post Oct 18 2019, 12:37 AM
Post #11

Master

QUOTE(InfiniteWarrior @ Oct 17 2019, 09:03 PM)
QUOTE(DarcWolf @ Oct 10 2019, 02:27 AM)
I've been putting off actually getting a 2nd hard drive, to install gamins and such on.   My C drive is a 1 TB drive.  The one that failed, was down to about 30 GB left, which is why I've been looking at a 2nd drive, and haven't replaced all my games yet.  lol

Second drive.... Yep, yep, yep. If the gaming industry keeps going like this, we'll need a rack of hard drives to keep up.

RDR2 comes in at a staggering 150 GBs. : o

Good thing we're in terabyte territory at this point?

Good thing they aren't at the TB size yet. My C drive is a 1 TB drive and I don't even have half my games reinstalled yet, and I'm already just over 2/3 full. Probably because I took advantage of the 3 Batman Arkham game for free, from EPIC game, that took some of that space. lol

I'm thinking of getting at least a 2 TB hard drive, for my 2nd hard drive.

IF you want to add me on Steam, I'm the Darcwolf with a Yoda avatar, and it should also show my clan in my profile, Rising Order. If you go by a different name there, than you do here, just let me know who you are. lol

--------------------
+Quote Post
InfiniteWarrior
post Oct 27 2019, 03:22 PM
Post #12

Emperor

QUOTE(DarcWolf @ Oct 18 2019, 01:37 AM)
IF you want to add me on Steam, I'm the Darcwolf with a Yoda avatar, and it should also show my clan in my profile, Rising Order.  If you go by a different name there, than you do here, just let me know who you are.  lol

Done deal. Not that I'm actually on Steam much, at this point, other than to check out the Steam sales. icon_redface.gif

Kindly don't hold it against me.
+Quote Post
InfiniteWarrior
post Nov 22 2019, 11:21 PM
Post #13

Emperor

Rocky start for RDR2 on PC, but looks like Rockstar nailed it with a megapatch.

{Glances at PC} cry.gif
+Quote Post
DarcWolf
post Nov 24 2019, 01:25 AM
Post #14

Master

QUOTE(InfiniteWarrior @ Nov 22 2019, 09:21 PM)
Rocky start for RDR2 on PC, but looks like Rockstar nailed it with a megapatch.

{Glances at PC} cry.gif

So I've read. I saw earlier, that we can now save up to 25% off, getting it through Steam. When I saw that, I went to Amazon.com, to see if I could order a physical copy yet. I can't. With my connection speed, and the fact that RDR2 is 150GB, I don't really want to do a digital download.

--------------------
+Quote Post
InfiniteWarrior
post Nov 26 2019, 10:33 PM
Post #15

Emperor

QUOTE(DarcWolf @ Nov 24 2019, 02:25 AM)
... see if I could order a physical copy yet. I can't.  With my connection speed, and the fact that RDR2 is 150GB, I don't really want to do a digital download.

Yeah. Ain't happening here, either.

On the bright side, maybe these mega content packages will force the industry to adjust to the fact that not everyone has an "always on connection" complete with uber-speed and -- maybe -- even go DRM-free....

dry.gif What?! We can dream, can't we?

Why is it that absolutely everyone is always penalized as a result of the criminal activity of a (relative) few? ranting.gif bang.gif

Hokay. Now that's off my chest, think I'll check on my FO4 settlements.

Egads. That vault will never be completed. With all the awesome mods available to take up the slack left by vanilla, I've spent so much time on the Atrium and adjoining residential areas, the science and maintenance departments are only now beginning to take shape.

And the Institute is already history! What am I to do with myself?

Oh, that's right. They're all functional, but none too homey for the most part. Time to decorate in earnest!

They all have functioning kitchens, thanks to Modular Kitchens (with a sink animation caveat going to CWSS Redux) and, of course, working bathrooms, thanks to CWSS Redux.

They are all, also, blissfully trash- and debris-free, thanks to Scrap Everything. (Gotta be careful with that one, though.)

The TVs and Starlight Drive-In screen work beautifully, much thanks to Videos of the Wasteland.

What else? OMG. Did I really need this many mods to bring FO4 up to potential?

nod.gif

+Quote Post

3 Pages  1 2 3 >
Topic Options
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 08:31 AM