IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

[ Outline ] · Standard · Linear+

Skinning and Modeling Info, Beast I Need Help Please!

<GAMBIT>
post Feb 6 2004, 04:10 PM
Post #1

Padawan

Group: Members
Member No.: 97

Dear Beast,
This is JohnWalker84 and i was wondering if you could point me in the correct direction here. Ok, i have never skinned before in my life. just skimming through tutoriuls to get a basic understanding. im still hazy about it all. don't have a program to skin or to model... whats the difference?. now i just read that i need a program to look at what im doing. its all weird. So, i read that you use Paint Shop 7.Should i Purchase this? what else do i need? where do i purchase what i need? i need to pool information cause my B-day is the 16th and i told my mother this is the one thing i need and want very much. Though this is adressed to Beast, anyone with input, pplease write cause im like a 3 year old trying to play chess in the dark and without touching the pieces.

Thankyou in advance,
JohnWalker84 blink.gif

--------------------
I need few things in life: PC games, Beer, and Food. Is that so much to ask for?
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Replies
InfiniteWarrior
post Feb 16 2004, 01:39 AM
Post #2

Emperor

Group: Members
Member No.: 20

WinZip will open a pk3 just fine. Just "associate" the .pk3 extension with it. If it's easier, start with a custom skin file that uses the model you want to work with. Once you've associated pk3s with WinZip (or use PakScape, which was made for pk3s), just open the skin file and extract everything in it to "Game Data\base" in your JKII directory.

You will then have "Game Data\base\models\players\Skin_Name". That directory will contain all the files you need to work with. As Beast said, you must get the _humanoid.glm and animation.cfg files from assets3.pk3 or you will be unable to open the file in ModView. Just copy (or extract) those to the "models\players" directory and you should be good to go.

Follow the ModView instructions to get it installed and working. Hope this helps.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Topic Options
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 12:56 AM