Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Vladarian

InfiniteWarrior
post Jan 19 2004, 08:17 PM
Post #1

Emperor

Group: Members
Member No.: 20

I saw your post on the home page about this Mr. Jay and from some reason I have to get out some kind of response to this. I happened upon the announcement at the JA web site yesterday and literally cried off and on for hours. Did I know Vladarian? No. Never heard of him. But, it's hard to control the emotions that surface when something like this happens to anyone.

My first thought was Vladarian himself - he must have been so young. Then his family. My God, what they must be going through. The day after Christmas, a promising young man goes to visit his Grandfather and something like this happens.

And - well - it's human nature, I suppose...

I thought about my own far-flung family and friends. Then, I thought about Deacon's report of the horrible accident outside of Boston and how easily he could have been part of it. Then, I thought about how much Ruggi travels. THEN, I thought about how much those of you in start-ups must travel. Then, I decided, I'd better stop thinking and just cry about it a while.

I was telling someone just the other day that "there's no such thing as a close "Internet" friend. But, how do you bind up your emotions about someone just because it's someone you may not know personally. Philosophically, it works. But, I guess, in reality, you actually can't.

So, I'm taking a moment to pray for Vladarian and his family and to thank God for all of you, your families, your friends, and your health and well-being, because you must mean more to me than I thought.

This is a rambling diatribe that probably makes no sense and no one has to read. But, I wanted it out there anyway.

Now, if you'll excuse me, like a typical woman, I'm going to go cry a little bit and maybe - just maybe I'll feel better.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
TheBeast
post Jan 19 2004, 09:05 PM
Post #2

Master

Group: -=RJ=-Clan
Member No.: 12

well... I think I have some kind of response that need getting out too.

As a few of you know (not that much)... a long time ago... I was a regular at the RJ server and was getting my ass kicked by anyone... so I felt like I had to find a place to learn this stuff (JK2 stuff) if I wanted to join this remarquably good clan... and I stumbled on the Jedi Academy... It was all I needed for a while, great private servers, great people and also classes to show you how it's done... so I became part of this community... and everyone there is so friendly (beside little exceptions)... so, easily enough, you begins to know some of these people and begins to hang out with them on the server... and finally you begin to make friend.

Kind of like when you are a regular here... you begin to care for people that you don't even know there real First Name (I think I said that to Rugg once smile.gif)... but you think it doesn't really matter... because in the usual 'sense' of thing, you shouldn't be that close to someone you hardly know... right ??? No, wrong...

Because i go to the Academy website once in while I stumbled on this post on the home page... and I was touched, because I kinda knew how it would feel... I didn't know Valdarian either... But I still knew some guys that are part of the academy... and if I learned that they were killed in a car accident... it would have made me terribly sad.

So... I don't really know how I would react if something like this were to happen to one of you guys (and gals)... but be sure, that this Beast would really feel he had lost something very valuable... I don't know if anyone will quite understand that... but that would be how I feel...

But sadly, there a time for feeling sad... and I think it's going away right now...

- Beast

--------------------
"Separately, woman and alcohol can be quite fun... but when you mix them, they can make you a dumbass"

- Red, That's 70's Show :)
+Quote Post
DaRkSiDe
post Jan 19 2004, 10:53 PM
Post #3

Master

Member No.: 70

Iv never personally met the duelist in my history of JK2, but when i saw that article about him, my throat tightend up and my eyes began to tear a bit.

He sounds like he may of been an awesome duelist. Its a shame that he never saw the light and joy of Christmas Day. Instead of continuing his hopefully sucessful life, he was struck down by Death's Hand.

Well, hes on the Other Side now. Though many may mourn for his untimely passing, this will definatley be somthing for people to keep in both their minds and their hearts.

-DS

--------------------
*BLAM!* Worth dying for...
*BLAM!* ...Worth killing for...
*BLAM!* ...Worth going to Hell for...
...Amen.
+Quote Post
XeroSaber
post Jan 19 2004, 11:19 PM
Post #4

Master

Member No.: 15

i believe he was an older man, for he had a drivers license as im sure of. and was it not his wife who had made the post? i only say this because Infi said he was so young. im guessing he was middle aged.

this post really touched me as well. i remember during my first days of jk2 i came to the RJ server. there i met Rugg and Jay and Hotpants. i hung out there and i loved the place. they were soo cool! (still are, hehe) i met liz later, and the rest soon followed. i remember how patient they were with me and how they all helped me learn the basics. it was really cool of them. i remember also, a time when i was a little ignorant to say the least. and rugg didnt over react and kick me or start hating me. it was some night a long time ago, when only rugg and i were in the server, sometime before i had been accepted to RJ. we had dueled, and rugg had beaten me by like 2 hp. well, i responded by saying, "OMG THATS SOOO ######!!!" well....needless to say, this didnt go over well with rugg. he amslept me and told me that there would be no bigotry in the server whatsoever. i was like, what the heck is bigotry? (stupid eh?) rugg told me what it was and explained that he would not tolerate, then unslept me. i asked him why he liked homosexuals, and if he was possibly one him self. he responded, would it matter if i was or not? i told him that i thought it was wrong of people to be homosexual and i hated them. i told him i thought the bible was right and being ###### was awful and a sin. we had a long talk that night. he never once got angry about it during our talk. we must have talked for like 2 hours. he helped me understand the stupidity of such things. i began to see it from a different view...how would i like it if I were disciminated against for my sexual preference... he taught me alot that night. we talked on AIM after that as well. in the end, to make a long story a little less long, he totally changed my views on bigotry. i detest the way i used to be. and to rugg im most grateful.... i tear up now as i type this. i know u can have extemely good friends on the internet. rugg is considered to be one of my dearest friends, as well as my.."mentor." he even helped me with algebra once, hehe. i know u can have dear friends on the internet, for in this clan i have one of my closest, along with many close ones as well. i dont know what i would do if i didnt have u guys here. and if it hadnt been for rugg, i wonder if i would ever have changed my ways. so no...i cant imagine that happening to one of us...and if it did, i would mourn deeply, for you are still my close friends even though i have never seen u inperson. after all, rugg and i never met in person, let alone heard eachothers voice, but he changed my life all the same.....
+Quote Post
Achilles
post Jan 20 2004, 11:47 AM
Post #5

Padawan

Member No.: 65

I'm in the Jedi Academy where he used to be in and have fun, I hardly knew him, but from what I've seen he was a great guy, it's tragic to see someone go like that. My heart and wishes go out to his freinds and family.

--------------------
user posted image
+Quote Post
Shang Chi
post Jan 31 2004, 01:24 AM
Post #6

Padawan

Member No.: 102

I knew Vladarian from the Jedi Academy servers. He was a great guy with which to duel. He touched all of us at the academy. From what I could tell he was a young married man with his life ahead of him when he was killed in a car wreck. We will miss him greatly. RIP Vladarian
+Quote Post
Tyrannus
post Jan 31 2004, 01:49 PM
Post #7

Master

Member No.: 4

I think that it's good that everyone is honoring him, and even better that his wife (going through this tragedy) took time to give her thoughts/thanks. I believe death is a mixed blessing. On the one hand, there is the tragic death. However, on the other, there are the people who cared for the dead, and they bind together and honor him/her. It just goes to show you that within the darkness, light can shine through. Despite the inevitability of passing away, the thought of death is a very scary one. To know that people would care for me enough to do something like this (or similar) if I suddenly left the world helps lighten the fear of it all. Situations like this are very insightful, and should be remembered along with the dead.

As far as Internet Friends go, I believe it is possible to grow close to someone over the internet. After all, it is their personality you are attached to (assuming they are being honest). There are people I know right now over the internet that I've grown very fond of (RJ members and some regulars, that includes you). If they were to suddenly stop coming to the servers, or word passed on that they'd unfortunately left us, I would be rather upset. Similarly, their names would get praised amongst the forums, and the good times they'd shared would never be forgotten. As far as I can remember, I did not know Vladarian at all. However, I wish his wife the best of luck in her efforts to heal emotionally. She has a hard path ahead of her. I am done now.. thank you for reading.

--------------------
user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image
Tyrannus - Master of wit, and quite deadly with a saber. Truly a wonder.. or so the "Legend" goes..
+Quote Post

Topic Options
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 08:54 AM