IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Really Sorry But I Need Help On A Map..., Cant load my own custom map...

Slicer
post Aug 5 2003, 12:48 AM
Post #1

Padawan

Group: Members
Member No.: 40

Well im not really joining ur clan joining ur forums but i need help on my map for HoT. Some of u guys kno me as <HoT>Slicer and u guys also kno Sliddy and Waddle from our clan. I got the basics down for makin a simple room with textures and lighting with a spawning point but i cant load my map. I saved my map under GameData\base\maps and did bsp full. I went on my own server did "devmap testmap" in console but it said it wasnt there. I really dont want to clog up ur forums or anything but i need help. Anybody can answer my request for help, but preferably Rugg or Huma. The creators of ur awsome 2 maps. cool.gif . Well its nearly 2am here so ill bb at the forums at 5pm maybe.
I really loved those two maps btw. Im makin a map thats combinin some ideas of both of those maps. But its not going to be quite as big. I hope its ok with u two. Ill give u credit in the readme section. if it not ok tell me. (im askin u guys cuz u guys made really cool maps and waddle and i are both makin maps. we want to surprise our clan leaders)

PS. Well Waddle and I really love those 2 maps as i told u. We were wondering if u would allow us to use it as a must have map in our server. Waddle, the sensible one, said how would i like it if i made a map for HoT and soon evrybody was usin it. I would feel proud but sort of depressed, as it was made for HoT. So im just askin u guys as a bonus. tongue.gif

--------------------
user posted image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Ruggiero
post Aug 5 2003, 11:43 AM
Post #2

Lord

Group: Admin
Member No.: 2

I personally would be very flattered if you used my map on your server. (Mine is RJ_Sublime, Now at version2.)

As for helping you with your map, I am not sure what to say: I am on a mac, so my directory structure is a little different.

First, Make sure you have put the .bsp file in your map folder, not the .map file.

Second, Rich Diesal's Tutorials are back up again at http://richdiesal.jedioutcastmaps.com/tutorials/

Third, Sometimes it is just a problem where you have put your .bsp file: try putting it in your gamedata/base folder or in any other place you can think of, and try devmapping it again. Also, you do not need to put the .bsp after the devmap command. It should just read 'devmap testmap'

I do it from the console immediately after starting my game up.

Good luck!

Ruggiero

--------------------
Oobawanga wata chopay polah.
+Quote Post
Huma-Gaidin
post Aug 5 2003, 02:54 PM
Post #3

Padawan

Group: -=RJ=-Clan
Member No.: 5

Yeah, i pretty much agree with Ruggerio on this one. Theres not much else that can actually go wrong when compiling a map. I really don't see what else it could be, beyond the directory structure. I'll check this thread later on in the day... but im off to play some "Magic" =p
+Quote Post
Slicer
post Aug 5 2003, 04:07 PM
Post #4

Padawan

Group: Members
Member No.: 40

hmmmm. at least the richdiesal sites back up again. thanx. ill tell waddle that we may use ur map rugg. u never said anything about us using it huma so ill wait for ur approval.

--------------------
user posted image
+Quote Post
JayBaen
post Aug 5 2003, 05:07 PM
Post #5

Lord

Group: Admin
Member No.: 3

I will say that I HAD to do the devmap command from the console BEFORE launching another map for the command to work. So, at the first set of screens, pull the console down and do the 'devmap testmap' (no bsp) command.

I can probably speak for Huma in saying that since he had that map publicly posted on jk2files.com for download, that it would be absolutely fine for you to use it on your site. If not, he can spend the evening kicking me around a map (as if that would be anything unusual).

Thx for posting.

JB

--------------------
Yellow Is Golden

DelphiGT

"There's nothing in this universe that can't be explained. Eventually." -- House, M.D.
+Quote Post
Tyrannus
post Aug 6 2003, 12:05 PM
Post #6

Master

Member No.: 4

Literally kicking, for Huma with a saber is a ghastly site..

--------------------
user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image
Tyrannus - Master of wit, and quite deadly with a saber. Truly a wonder.. or so the "Legend" goes..
+Quote Post
Huma-Gaidin
post Aug 8 2003, 03:22 PM
Post #7

Padawan

Member No.: 5

Yeah, its fine if you go ahead and use it. Addressing jay's statment however, is a different issue...... sure ill just kick you around anyway =p
+Quote Post

Topic Options
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 09:24 AM