Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Hello From An Old Friend, Hola

XeroSaber
post Oct 21 2019, 11:18 PM
Post #1

Master

Group: Members
Member No.: 15

Wow I was pleasantly surprised to see this site still up. I've got so many fond memories of JK2 and playing with everyone from RJ. What is everyone up to these days? And where is that rascally Rodian hiding these days? Its been a long time, hope to catch up and say hello.

As for me: in my mid thirties now. Joined the military, lived all over the world, still in the military. Loving it, have a wife and a cute little girl (2 yrs old, almost). Still gaming regularly. Play mostly on PC. Final Fantasy xiv is my main mmo, but I play Destiny 2 and some shooters. Also play a lot of random console games when able.

-Xerosaber

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
XeroSaber
post Oct 22 2019, 08:52 PM
Post #2

Master

Also, if anyone could get me in touch with Ruggiero, I'd appreciate it. If you have his email or contact info, could you just let him know I sent him a PM on here? Thanks smile.gif
+Quote Post
XeroSaber
post Oct 23 2019, 07:57 PM
Post #3

Master

As I nostalgically look through my old posts on this site, I keep cringing at young me. I'm glad it's all still here though... A nice "objective" way of measuring how time really does change a person. If I came across young me, I'd probably smack the hell out of me. Thanks JB for keeping this place running.
+Quote Post
InfiniteWarrior
post Oct 23 2019, 09:48 PM
Post #4

Emperor

Member No.: 20

Whoa! XeroSaber. Long time, no see. Family man, now, eh? Congratulations.

Replies may be a bit delayed, but JB and Ruggiero still lurk from time to time.

All the best.
+Quote Post
XeroSaber
post Oct 24 2019, 07:43 PM
Post #5

Master

QUOTE(InfiniteWarrior @ Oct 23 2019, 09:48 PM)
Whoa! XeroSaber. Long time, no see. Family man, now, eh? Congratulations.

Replies may be a bit delayed, but JB and Ruggiero still lurk from time to time.

All the best.

Thanks! It certainly has been ages. Does anyone still jump on JK2/3? I have it on Steam, though I dont think I ever tried to find any servers. Was more of a nostalgic purchase during a steam sale.

Hope you're doing well too!
+Quote Post
InfiniteWarrior
post Oct 27 2019, 02:34 PM
Post #6

Emperor

Member No.: 20

QUOTE(XeroSaber @ Oct 24 2019, 08:43 PM)
Does anyone still jump on JK2/3? I have it on Steam, though I dont think I ever tried to find any servers. Was more of a nostalgic purchase during a steam sale.

I don't. Have to run it locally for the time being. (Mobile connection only these days. You know how it is.)

JB, by his own accounts, occasionally jumps in...though alone for the most part -- unless hopping onto European servers from what I hear.

JK2 and JK3 are effectively dead for most PC players as far as I can tell. (As if JK3 ever really took off at all.)

JK2 is only worth it for me if I get a hankering to run around those awesome maps and so forth people made for it back in the day. Well worth the time alone, imho. A SP run-through might be worth it also just to gauge how far we've come since then, if nothing else. : ) (Remember rolling everywhere you need to go? How passe is that?)

Give me my sprint key! Give me modes of travel other than "fast!" I'll love you forever. lol

+Quote Post

Topic Options
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 12:28 PM