IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

3 Pages  1 2 3 > 

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

The Auron Project, Yeah, the one from Final Fantasy X :)

TheBeast
post Feb 22 2004, 12:08 PM
Post #1

Master

Group: -=RJ=-Clan
Member No.: 12

Well,

Here another thingie from the beast...smile.gif

I just finished my new model from Auron (Final Fantasy X) and before I send him to JK2Files... I wanted to test him thoroughly.

(Not that I did not test him myself, I played with the bot, the team features, etc., etc., but I needed to be sure smile.gif)

So Jay or Ruggie, could you follow the link and add him to the server (I'll send a copy to Jay's email address too)???

Please !!! smile.gif

Auron

oh... and I hope you like it has much as I do tongue.gif

- Beast

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image

--------------------
"Separately, woman and alcohol can be quite fun... but when you mix them, they can make you a dumbass"

- Red, That's 70's Show :)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
TheBeast
post Feb 22 2004, 12:12 PM
Post #2

Master

Oh and for those who doesn't know him... here are my reference picture

- Beast

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image

--------------------
"Separately, woman and alcohol can be quite fun... but when you mix them, they can make you a dumbass"

+Quote Post
InfiniteWarrior
post Feb 22 2004, 12:22 PM
Post #3

Emperor

Group: Members
Member No.: 20

W.O.W.!!! Downloading right right now.....

-=EDIT=-

Very nice job, Beastie! Especially those glasses hanging off his nose. That must've been quite a feat to pull off. biggrin.gif

Only one thing I noticed in testing him so far that really stands out.... most of his left foot disappears in-game. A couple of other areas disappear off and on, but these (around the neckline, back, etc.) happen with ALL models that have thin additions and so aren't really an issue.

Animation looks really good. Surprised, actually, that the jug on his hip moves so well with him. Nice "bolting".

I'll happily test his bot, etc. a little later on and let you know how it goes. I'm sure a lot of people will be very happy to get their hands on this one. smile.gif
+Quote Post
TheBeast
post Feb 22 2004, 04:05 PM
Post #4

Master

Thx Infi... I didn't notice that... and now it is fixed...smile.gif

I'll rerelease the final version after the testing period smile.gif

- Beast

--------------------

+Quote Post
OneWingAngel
post Feb 22 2004, 07:30 PM
Post #5

Master

Member No.: 7

HOLY CRAP, excuse me I mean[SIZE=14] HOLY CRAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WIth that said, HOLY CRAP, this is suck a GREAT MODEL!!!!!!!! THE FACE OMG THE FACE, IT IS DEAD ON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I tested this bad boy throughly and found only hte minor problems that Infin has already stated. However, not to criticize, but I think that jug may be a bit too light (white) and the linings down his coat are a bit to bright, but other than that, HOLY CRAP THIS IS A GREAT MODEL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Also, I'd just like to say that if you are starting a FFX modeling project I would be happy to help wink.gif
+Quote Post
XeroSaber
post Feb 22 2004, 07:55 PM
Post #6

Master

Member No.: 15

I have died and went to Gamers Heaven. OMFG OMFG OMFG OMFG OMFG OMFG TEH MODEL IS TEH UBER 1337EST MODEL IN ALL OF JK2 HISTORY!!! OMFG OMFG OMFG OMFG BEAST YOU ARE THE GOD OF FF SKINNING!!! OMFG OMFG OMFG!!! I LOVE YOU!! I LOVE YOU!!! OMFG!!!!! AURON IS LIKE MY SECOND FAVORITEST CHARACTER IN ALL OF FF!!! OMFG YOU HAVE NO IDEA HOW MUCH I LOVE YOUR SKIN!!! OOOOOMMMMMFFFFFGGGGGG!!!!! ROCK ON!!!! AURON AURON AURON!!! w000000000000000000t!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif
+Quote Post
XeroSaber
post Feb 22 2004, 08:00 PM
Post #7

Master

awww, im in the read me! dont worry! ur not that freaky! ur just a minor freak. me? im a supa freak!! supa freek! (Rugg: He's supa freeky) biggrin.gif biggrin.gif Dude, this is SOooooo going to be File of the Day/Year/Eternity until th eonly other skin which would rival it (Yuna or any other FF skin you do) is sent in. this skin will be the heaviest downloaded one from JK2Files.com, i kid you not. OMFG YOU ROCK!!! w0000t!!!!!
+Quote Post
InfiniteWarrior
post Feb 22 2004, 08:03 PM
Post #8

Emperor

Who knew THAT was coming? biggrin.gif

Hopping in to finish my own testing now... right after "Mom" washes out Xero's mouth with some good, ol' fashioned lye soap. wink.gif
+Quote Post
TheBeast
post Feb 22 2004, 08:08 PM
Post #9

Master

Thx Guys... About Xero's response to it... I was kinda of expecting something like that (being a supa freak smile.gif)

Angel: Noted your comment on the bottle... and I thought my color was pretty close to something cool (but I darkened it a bit and it looks even greater )

Infi: Thx again for testing the technical stuff smile.gif

- Beast

--------------------

+Quote Post
InfiniteWarrior
post Feb 22 2004, 09:42 PM
Post #10

Emperor

Okey-dokey. Skins are great, bot works fine. Just a couple of things...
  • Sounds are sweet, but the death cry is nearly inaudible. And as soon as a chat sound goes off or Mon Mothma has something to say, it's sayonara sound on that altogether.

• I think you've upped his reflexes already, but if you also change the turn speed and turnspeed_combat to about .03 and .05 respectively, his bot will give you a much better fight - and more often beat the other bots.
Maybe Ky can back me up on that last one. wink.gif "Perfectaim" doesn't seem to do much, if anything. Their aim is still not perfect against a moving target. Turnspeed and ts_combat, otoh, seem to make them much more agile. They maneuver away from/around attacks much better and can even manage to get off a hit from behind sometimes.

Love the taunts! Don't forget to include instructions in the readme for playing the extra one.

The colors are bright, but what a great mix! If you want realism (as far as realism can go for a Fantasy character), you might darken them to more closely match the examples. But, I rather like them bright. Reminds me of something - a certain mode of Persian dress or maybe tribal kilims.

As far as I can tell, he needs nothing but Xero ... to wear him out!
+Quote Post
XeroSaber
post Feb 22 2004, 10:02 PM
Post #11

Master

QUOTE(InfiniteWarrior @ Feb 22 2004, 09:42 PM)
As far as I can tell, he needs nothing but Xero ... to wear him out!

WAAAAY AHEAD OF YA!! W0000T!!!!!!!!!!

QUotes to Consider for him if u ever change anything:
"This is your story"
"Yuna! The Aeons!"
"Nooo!"
"Hmph!"
"Are you certain?"
"Its all right."
"this is your world now"
"Please, keep going"
"We fight!"
"Get Ready!"
"Farewell"-from the battles

im sure some of those are missing or have a word too many but i dont feel like goin to look for the exact wordings. those would be cool though, hehe smile.gif
+Quote Post
XeroSaber
post Feb 22 2004, 10:13 PM
Post #12

Master

and as Infi said, the only thing really is the taunts. they could use a volume boost smile.gif but im sure its hard to get good quality recordings so if u cant manage that there is no complaint on my part. the skin owns me and i love it. omfg im still in love with it. *SMACK* OOUUUCH!!!!! DAMMIT INFINITES MOM!!! *SMACK* AHHH!!! IM SORRY!!! NO MORE DAMN LYE SOAP!!! *SMACK* AHHHHHH!!!! biggrin.gif
+Quote Post
TheBeast
post Feb 22 2004, 10:17 PM
Post #13

Master

Cool smile.gif

Infi:
About the Death Sounds, I upped the volume (well 'normalized' all the custom sounds (pain, taunts, and deaths) to the same volume)... and I did this with the help of a little app called MP3 Gain. It's quite handy to do something like this.

About bots settings, I don't know anything about this... so I just copied the one from Leela Jedi (I think) and change the necessary information to make it work with my model. So if you have any other tweak in mind to 'better' the bots od Auron... then shoot away... I'll make the necessary changes (I already did the things you said about Turnspeed and Ts_combat)

About the extra taunt... how do you get to play them... I always thought you had to play in a specific mod... or in JK3 (does it handles multiples taunts ??? )... please anyone fill me in on this... that I may include it in the Read Me.

Finally about the colors, they are a bit bright and are meant to be like that... I decided to go for a more Video game feel (if you look at the reference picture, the one on the left is an artwork from Squaresoft, and the one on the right is a screenshot from the game itself... and the color are brighter in game... so that's why the skin is that way.

Thank you very much Infi (again and again) for your input on this model... laugh.gif

Xero:

Play the bot... and you'll recognized the quotes he will say...smile.gif I took them from a 'battle quotes FAQ' on FFX... and I think they fit Auron quite well smile.gif

- Beast

--------------------

+Quote Post
XeroSaber
post Feb 22 2004, 10:18 PM
Post #14

Master

btw, beast i hope u dont mind. i posted a link to this topic at the Dragon clan, since i hang there too sometimes and i know they like FF a bit as well. im sure they will love ur skin. if u would rather i not post it i can delete it. but i thought they...scratch that...i KNOW they will love it. smile.gif
+Quote Post
TheBeast
post Feb 22 2004, 10:23 PM
Post #15

Master

OneWing:

I'm surely thinking about starting something of a FFX modeling project... but my head says... not right now... I've been a bit too much 'involved' in my Auron (can you believe that 2 weeks and a half ago, There was just the Kyle model in my 3ds max window ???)... I got about 60 hours of work from modeling and skinning on this model in not that much time.

The thing is that I know I could start something right now... on any character in FFX and I'll spent too much time on them... So I,m gonna discipline myself into a bit of a break... but when I have the time... I'll make sure to let you know... and we could start something serious... like me doing the modeling and you doing a big part of the skinning.

So, it won't begin right now... but soon... and you'll know smile.gif

- Beast

--------------------

+Quote Post

3 Pages  1 2 3 >
Topic Options
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 06:21 AM