Jedi Trainer

Equanimity
post Aug 17 2003, 05:42 PM
Post #31

Master

Group: -=RJ=-Clan
Member No.: 27

Eek! This thread needs some activity! biggrin.gif

This is somewhat of a poll, so please post your response and any ideas.

Is anyone interested in participating in a live exchange of saber knowledge and saber techniques on the RJ server? Naturally, we'll host a time for this, and anyone who drops by is free to contribute or ask questions.

I am very much in support of this, because, as many of you have recently noticed, I have urgent need to hone my saber skills! wink.gif

--------------------
Equanimity

Commitment is the first step to excellence, and excellence but the first step to perfection.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
JayBaen
post Aug 18 2003, 08:01 AM
Post #32

Lord

Group: Admin
Member No.: 3

EQ ...

Note the thread I started in RJExclusive pertaining to this.

Others ...

We'd love to hear your ideas about this.

JB

--------------------
Yellow Is Golden

DelphiGT

"There's nothing in this universe that can't be explained. Eventually." -- House, M.D.
+Quote Post
DarkSykes
post Nov 26 2003, 09:25 AM
Post #33

Jedi

Group: Members
Member No.: 72

I came here a month ago .. for training and could not find a soul sad.gif met Deacon he refered me to the primer.. I read it thoroughly and set out on my quest to learn the ways of the force dry.gif . I returned with the skill of an advanced novice still in need of some serious lightsaber training. sleep.gif . My skills are good..for the length of time i play but others are way better.. I met Tyrannus Last night he and Deacon dueled with me.. gave me pointers and after an hour or so i was putting up so much more of a fight tongue.gif .. I hope to be able to get more expeirence like that in the future laugh.gif . It was really helpful.. Thx RJ and Ill be here waiting for any Master with a spare minute for a young padawan.. happy.gif

--------------------
user posted image
+Quote Post
Ruggiero
post Nov 26 2003, 10:24 AM
Post #34

Lord

Member No.: 2

Be careful what you wish for. smile.gif I look forward to meeting you.

--Ruggiero

--------------------
Oobawanga wata chopay polah.
+Quote Post
DarkSykes
post Nov 26 2003, 10:30 AM
Post #35

Jedi

I plan to come alot now that tyr assured me someone might be there tongue.gif .. Unlike before. rolleyes.gif . Maybe it was because Jed Academy had JUST come out.. so everyone was trying it out.. who knows.. but hopfully ill meet you all... biggrin.gif

--------------------
user posted image
+Quote Post
Deacon
post Nov 26 2003, 12:03 PM
Post #36

Master

Member No.: 29

Yes indeed, last night was *very* fun.

DarkSykes has progressed greatly! As always, you are welcome to hang on the server. In fact, I look forward to it! Speaking from personal experiance, you can gain a LOT from the RJ folks and many of the regulars. Each has their own style and fighting each will either sharpen your skills or at least provide many hours of fun. In most cases, they provide both.

I will be around tonight and during the day on Friday for certain. Friday night, several friends are stopping by for a ole' fashioned lan party. I'm going to see if they want to join the server for some fun, but can't make any promises as they REALLY like their guns.

Again, glad to have you (and others) around. I look forward to our next duel!

-Deacon

--------------------

=============================================

E .· ` ' / ·. F
Your tears fuel me.

Yellow is golden, but Red is quicker!
+Quote Post
DarkSykes
post Nov 26 2003, 01:00 PM
Post #37

Jedi

Hehe Thanks I look forward to the hours of fun as well as the duels.. and the possible prospects of learning and improving on my skills with the saber happy.gif Cya Guys soon tongue.gif cool.gif

--------------------
user posted image
+Quote Post
TheBeast
post Nov 27 2003, 02:56 PM
Post #38

Master

Member No.: 12

Glad to see you have found what you we looking for on our server Darksykes smile.gif

And the good thing about the RJ people.... we have very different fighting style... so you can really sharpen your style... whatever the RJ you are fighting against.

And as a bonus we are always ready to help and are a bunch of nice guys... but we have yet to find a nice gal... who will accept our invitaion *wink* *wink* biggrin.gif

- Beast

--------------------
"Separately, woman and alcohol can be quite fun... but when you mix them, they can make you a dumbass"

- Red, That's 70's Show :)
+Quote Post
DarkSykes
post Nov 29 2003, 10:56 AM
Post #39

Jedi

Well... Im a gal but thats irrelavent. Im very excited that all of you are so enthusiastic to help. Its really encouraging. If only everyone in life were that nice. I would be happy to take advice from each and every one of you to help me better myself.. I look forward to it..Thx for the warm welcome. I will not disappoint you guys.. tongue.gif happy.gif

--------------------
user posted image
+Quote Post
XeroSaber
post Nov 29 2003, 11:42 AM
Post #40

Master

Member No.: 15

hi there sykes. seen u on once or twice. i hope to duel u soon. so u know, when u duel rugg, watch for his Rodian Lunge. its a killer. he backflips then lunges. wink.gif wink.gif and for DarkSith, watch for the Yellow DFA. and for Deacon and Jay, be on your toes no matter what. for hotpants (Kyzene) and everyone else, just learn each of their "patterns" (not really patterns, cuz they have unique styles of their own, but u know what i mean) and try to counter them. when i first used to play Jedi Outcast, i was a palyer that learned from each duel and progressively was able to beat my opponent thru trial by error. i believe hotpants would back me up on that, lol. of course he would say i could do that to anyone but him, lol. but for now, im so rusty from my hiatus that i seem to get spanked more than i usually had been. I have yet to spank el rodian. ill get him though......you wait and see.....*Activates Stealth Mode* ph34r.gif ph34r.gif ph34r.gif ph34r.gif ph34r.gif ph34r.gif
+Quote Post
DarkSykes
post Nov 29 2003, 06:36 PM
Post #41

Jedi

Hehe its all good.. I dont like to go into duels with expectations because everything isnt always as it seems happy.gif. My training with Tyranuss is paying off a little. I dueled JayBaen once, by luck i got the drop on him and countered his yellow DFA so he died, but it was a fluke. I even had the chance to take down deacon a couple times.. just barely though. Even if you know someones style doesnt mean you can win vs it.. a strong jedi can adapt to any situation

Yoda: Do or do not.. There is no try..

Eventually i may have the honor of saying hmm im on the level of these great duelists..

Yoda: it is the future u see..

tongue.gif

--------------------
user posted image
+Quote Post
DarkSykes
post Dec 1 2003, 02:11 AM
Post #42

Jedi

Wow server was quite empty today... i did though get to duel Superman.. i mean JayBaen hehe...wiped the floor with me. ohmy.gif . he's been eating his Wheaties dry.gif .. manhandled this little jedi.. happy.gif But those but whoopins did help me learn a few techniques. I put those techniques into effect later on when i join server again and had a little fun with Deacon... Actually broke even huh.gif went 11 to 11 with him.. I dont know how my form was maybe he could elaberate but i was actually doing quite alright i think sad.gif .. You guys are bringing a power out of me that only a great master like Yoda could forsee wub.gif i luv it . "The force is strong in that one" happy.gif im like neo recieving combat training in the matrix..

Neo: Whoa what the hell was that?
Tank: Hey mikey.. i think he likes it..
Tank: Shall we do more?
Neo: Hell Yes!!..

MORE TRAINING FOR ME PLZ MORE MORE MORE!!!!! WHO IS MY NEXT TEACHER IM VERY EAGER!!! happy.gif

--------------------
user posted image
+Quote Post
JayBaen
post Dec 1 2003, 06:41 AM
Post #43

Lord

Member No.: 3

Thanks Dark,

Good to have you visiting. We'll see if we can't sharpen that 'ol blade yet.

JB

--------------------
Yellow Is Golden

DelphiGT

"There's nothing in this universe that can't be explained. Eventually." -- House, M.D.
+Quote Post
DarkSykes
post Dec 1 2003, 10:34 AM
Post #44

Jedi

as stated by the demon Izuzu in the exorcist:

"In time..."

blink.gif im a true nut.. i dont know why i keep stating movies i dont know whats wrong with my mind.. happy.gif

The mask: "Somebody stop mee..!" sad.gif

--------------------
user posted image
+Quote Post
Deacon
post Dec 1 2003, 11:47 AM
Post #45

Master

Member No.: 29

Well Dark, you have progressed a great deal in a short amount of time! I recommend that everyone duel with DarkSykes when you get a chance.

Some things to keep in mind Dark,

1) Keep looking for the opening. You've been doing great so far! You have started to master the counter which can disarm your opponent's guard, leaving them wide open for an attack. If you can keep this up you will do VERY well.

2) Keep in minds that learning happens in stages or steps. You will reach a plateau and be stuck there for a bit, but do not worry, that too shall pass.

3) Practice what you've learned and keep using it. I'm not suggesting giving up or not using recently aquired knowledge, just make sure you retain all that you've learned. The one thing I noticed while dueling last night was that you have given up some simple moves in exchange for some fancier, riskier moves. If you only knew that a simple slash would have finished me, you wouldn't have commited to some of your riskier attacks and duel would NOT have been 11 to 11 wink.gif.

Keep up the great work and I look forward to our next duel

--Deacon

Deacon's word of the day!
n. pl. pla·teaus or pla·teaux
A relatively stable level, period, or state

--------------------

=============================================

E .· ` ' / ·. F
Your tears fuel me.

Yellow is golden, but Red is quicker!
+Quote Post

4 Pages < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 09:19 AM